X-Men First Class Magneto Helmet Build **Casting Has Begun**

Re: X-Men First Class Magneto Helmet Build

CommanderCody,

Only thing I can add to your work is it's made me a believer in this helmet.

Never was a fan of the one in the first film. But seeing your WIP, I'm really getting to like this helmet. Keep the pictures coming.

Very clever to use an Iron Man helmet as a starting point. The creativity on this board is inspiring.

Ted.
Prefect42.

Last edited:

But you're assuming the red verision is the exact same mold and design. This is the only shot we have to go by on the back. In a day or so, we'll know for sure if they are similiar if not the same helmet. ;)

Whay wait?

attachment.php

Another nice helmet shot.

attachment.php

Nick

I am seeing the film tonight so that will help me out a lot, have no fear, I still have a long way to go on this, if I'm going to do it I'm going to do it right, or as right as I can manage :lol

regarding the flare I have now added a layer of filler from the base of the helmet swooping up and covering the trim detail I had already laid down, even in its rough state it looks a lot better, I will try and get a pic or 2 up later before I head out, thanks for all the encouragement it really helps :thumbsup

Awesome news Joe, glad your taking on the comments to have this done right! ;)
Look forward to seeing this in person... :thumbsup

Oh man, it's looking so good. After seeing the movie and seeing how much of a focus there was on the helmet, I must have one if/when you do a run. :love:love

Can't wait to see how well it turns out.

saw the film last night and it really inspired me to go to town on this, there are a few areas I need to change, first off is the flare around the base but that is already being dealt with, next is the back, the helmet is actually very short and swoops quite drastically down from back to front, I believe I can incorporate this into my helmet, lastly there is a difference in the red helmet from the end of the movie, it has the classic comic book 'horns' which have been added on, I am now working on scratch building those as an 'add on' The film gave me a lot of insight into the helmet and I was actually surprised at how much it featured, thanks again for all your interest and comments thus far

pics tomorrow :)

Yeah the classic horns and color change seem to be the only thing different from the two.

saw the film last night and it really inspired me to go to town on this, there are a few areas I need to change, first off is the flare around the base but that is already being dealt with, next is the back, the helmet is actually very short and swoops quite drastically down from back to front, I believe I can incorporate this into my helmet, lastly there is a difference in the red helmet from the end of the movie, it has the classic comic book 'horns' which have been added on, I am now working on scratch building those as an 'add on' The film gave me a lot of insight into the helmet and I was actually surprised at how much it featured, thanks again for all your interest and comments thus far

pics tomorrow :)

Awww man, I personally was hoping to see yours be abit more even than the angled yet screen accurate one :( Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to pull it off well!

Can't wait! :D

well I am going for as close to screen accurate as possible, I apologise for the lack of updates my internet went down at the weekend, it was also raining - lots, which held me back a little, I will have some photos up when I get in from work later today

Ok here is a photo, it is not by any means a good photo but its what I have :lol this pic best demonstrates the sweeping flare I have added to the helmet, I was very tempted to leave it as it is but the accuracy nut in me scremed No! I have since sanded this down a bit and am now at this very minute marking out the trim, after that its just a case of blending a few areas in and them we'll be nearly there, again thanks for all your comments, this is a fun project and I am very much looking forward to casting a copy of this helmet, at the moment it weighs a ton from all the filler, happy viewing :thumbsup

Looking loads better Joe....
We'll soon have that cast for ya bruv. ;)

Much better now that the back is flarring outward. I've been collecting only DC stuff but this helmet is looking sweet.

Now please take this as me trying to help and not a critisism. Using the nose as a centerpoint you can more or less measure out paths to other key points in the helmet. Now I know your photo may not be at the exact angle and so forth but using those key point will help to bring it closer to what you see on screen. I hope this helps.
magnetocompare.jpg

I think you're doing a wonderful job and keep up the progress. Sculpting is not as easy as alot of people might think, especially when it comes to semitry.

thanks for the picture it will indeed help, at this stage however I'm not really sculpting, its cardboard and bodyfiller and some sandpaper, I plan on reworking the face area once I'm happy with the overall shape

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back