X-Men First Class Magneto Helmet Build **Casting Has Begun**

Re: X-Men First Class Magneto Helmet Build UPDATE!! 4/9 ** New Photos **

Your crazy! what do you have to change??.... Im just glad that fassbender and myself have the same head size:D

I like how the Behind the Scenes footage used a clip from X2 but labeled it X-Men (2000). :thumbsdown

Its really interesting that they made the two helmets to fit Bacon's and Fassbender's heads... I think I'd need a Bacon-shaped (lol) helmet since my head is longer from front to back like his.

The link to that video is now down sadly.

I did grab these stills from a shorter version that is still up.

Nick

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    1 MB · Views: 404

its a very interesting video, can't wait for the DVD release now! I may try and make each version, one slightly larger than the other

I just finished watching everything on the bluray and the costuming featurette got me even more excited for thing helmet! I can't wait!

I'm curious though about the paint... What kind of paint did they use on the hero helmet? What colors too?

Registered just to comment on how amazing this build is. Really fantastic work! I would absolutely love to get on the list for the first run... if that's at all possible.

The reworking and attention to detail has been impressive, and it has clearly paid off. Mad props!!

Hey! Have you finished with this helmet? Are you planing to mass produce it? If so, I want to consider buy one, in red like the one at the end of the movie. Send me an email if so, so we can make a deal !

A couple of pics...

S6303119.jpg

S6303121.jpg

Production has started on multiple lids and will have a complete run within a 2 week turnover.

It looks really good so far, can't wait to see it painted! I've heard good things about using cardboard in costume making. What in your opinion would be a better medium to use when making the prop, fiberglass or bondo?

if you follow the link in post #253 you can see painted photos

When I made mine Bondo was the best medium for getting the overall shapes right, it took a lot of sanding to refine but in the end it was worth it, the helmets are now cast in strong fiberglass gel coat

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back