World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/27/2017

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/26/2016

Warcraft Orc Skin Teaser Pic - Posted a teaser pic last night on my Facebook page of the skin I have been working on. This was achieved by using a latex base and rubber cement paint technique. And of course I will be showing all of those steps when I get to that point in the thread. But for now you will just have to enjoy this.

lBc0BuYh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/27/2016

I seriously cant explain how cool this is, and the craftsmanship involved. Its uncanny. Amazing work. Are you a professional? Was it mentioned earlier in the thread and I missed it?!

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/27/2016

I seriously cant explain how cool this is, and the craftsmanship involved. Its uncanny. Amazing work. Are you a professional? Was it mentioned earlier in the thread and I missed it?![/QUOTE

I'm kind of a pro :) I was a freelance Illustrator for 15 years and turned to cosplay about 3 years ago. I have worked with Bungie, EA, Microsoft, Gearbox and 2K on some projects. But I still do almost all of this self taught in my shop. That is why I love doing the build threads to inspire others. Kind of my way of giving back to the community.

I seriously cant explain how cool this is, and the craftsmanship involved. Its uncanny. Amazing work. Are you a professional? Was it mentioned earlier in the thread and I missed it?![/QUOTE

I'm kind of a pro :) I was a freelance Illustrator for 15 years and turned to cosplay about 3 years ago. I have worked with Bungie, EA, Microsoft, Gearbox and 2K on some projects. But I still do almost all of this self taught in my shop. That is why I love doing the build threads to inspire others. Kind of my way of giving back to the community.

Well youre doing it man. Im trying to get into SPFX make up, so most of my stuff is regarding that, but your fabrication is awesome. I seriously cant wait to see this done.

Dude I am pleasantly surprised at how nice that skin looks. This whole thing is very inspiring.

Warcraft Orc Face - Not that the upper body has been skinned I can move on to the face. Again the face is just eva foam that has been cut and shaped using a Dremel. The hardest part ( just like the arms and chest ) is to visualize the end product with the skin covering. I will admit the face is not very pretty until the final covering is applied. Just like the arms I know the fleece is the stretchiest side to side so I start gluing at the nose and work my way out. Very slowly I am pushing the cloth into all of those gouges to get folds around the nose, cheeks, and eyes. I'll bust out the lower jaw in tomorrows thread and I promise by the end of the week my Orc will have pants!!!

Hz9kcTah.jpg

5ozzN05h.jpg

cPvH39Jh.jpg

67CUGkNh.jpg

RbXHTOKh.jpg

aBFsz7fh.jpg

lf2DUVkh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/29/2016

Wow, I was considering doing almost this exact thing a few months back and started doing some test pieces (and arm and some "skin") and so far you've been doing everything almost exactly the way I had planned. I might still go forward with it later, and if so I can only hope it turns out anywhere near this well! SO cool!

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 2/29/2016

absolutely amazing! It's so well proportioned, and damn eye catching. Nice job! This will be a great display when you're not wearing it too. :)

Have you thought about what it's going to be like wearing/ moving around in it? I'm thinking like how warm it would be.

absolutely amazing! It's so well proportioned, and damn eye catching. Nice job! This will be a great display when you're not wearing it too. :)

Have you thought about what it's going to be like wearing/ moving around in it? I'm thinking like how warm it would be.

I have already tried on the entire costume a couple of times now (I'm about 2 weeks ahead of this build thread but I wanted to keep everything in line and fully detailed with descriptions) The suit is hot and will be tough to wear for long periods but I plan on only wearing this a handful of times so I will just deal with it.

---------------

My Facebook post for today was really great

"You know what is beyond awesome when I pose some questions to foam master Ted Haines from the Stan Winston videos and Legacy Effects. And he takes the time out of his busy day to help my with a part on the Orc build. It probably wasn't all that much to him but it meant the world to me. Exactly why I do build threads and answer questions for people...share the love!"

Man thats awesome that he did that. I love the Stan Winston school videos. However, the prices seem to have gone up, and the website doesnt work as well as it used to. I wanted to get the foam muscle suit class but I cant afford it now. I have termites in my condo and I have to pay for that... :facepalm

Warcraft Orc Face - After I had the lower jaw matched with the upper I decided to change a couple of things. The large teeth were cut down a little bit and dremeled to points. I added some additional foam to the bottom of the jaw and to the flesh around the large teeth. I also cut the lip and re positioned it up in the gum line. Same principle as the rest of the skin I started in the middle and worked my way out being mindful to keep the glue and material off of the teeth and gums.

bZ8ycREh.jpg

8ud5DIah.jpg

W4UIh2Dh.jpg

wp6H4ndh.jpg

dKF6F33h.jpg

rGEy8Mkh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/1/2016

When you were dremeling and shaping the EVA foam for the face and in general the other parts of muscle structure do you over accentuate the details so they're still prevalent once covered in felt and latex and you don't lose them?

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/1/2016

When you were dremeling and shaping the EVA foam for the face and in general the other parts of muscle structure do you over accentuate the details so they're still prevalent once covered in felt and latex and you don't lose them?

Yes, you def want to take into consideration the thickness of the material and overdo the sculpted lines.

I know that a bunch of you are following my Orc build and I am pleased to announce that the Warcraft Orc will be a contestant in this years C2E2 Crown Championship! Regardless of your faction if you are in attendance and have enjoyed this build I want to hear you scream "For the Horde" when I hit the stage!!
Thank you all so much! Your continued support is what drives me to keep producing these build threads.

costume contest.jpg

I would also like to say that my Warcraft Orc costume is approx 3 weeks ahead of the build pictures that I am showing daily. So even though the costume is currently unfinished in these pics I can assure you that he is dressed and ready to fight! I just prefer to go through the entire build in the order it was created for people that are interested in the process.

Warcraft Orc Pants - To bulk the legs up I took an old pair of jeans and drew out basic muscle groups with a marker. Like the arms I cut out rough muscle shapes for the legs and knees and glued them directly to the jeans. (apparently I didn't take pics of the muscles on the back of the legs but they were made too) These muscles were refined with a dremel until smooth. They don't need to be perfect since they to will be covered with cloth. I made a pattern out of scrap cloth and transferred that to the suede material. Everything was sewn together then slipped over the jeans and muscle groups. Once I got the correct fit I sewed the outer layer to the jeans.
No more skipped leg day jokes for this guy!

2XsIQRyh.jpg

0QmENnzh.jpg

P5SdNjYh.jpg

gt8iCkmh.jpg

3gNr6cfh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/2/2016

This is an incredible build and I'm very grateful for the way you've documented it all. Just a wonderful build, thank you and looking forward to more.

David

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/2/2016

HOLY541T!! jumped in late...but just have to say...this is frickin awesome!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back