Working on a custom Post-Imp custom mando!

TK4708

Hi, I've been working on a custom post imp mando! I am a complete newcomer, any tips will be appreciated! for more constant updates follow my ig: @BrandNewMando!

yesterday evening i finished sanding and applying Bondo the the helmet, (a raw 3D print from Galactic Armory) today I'm hoping to sand down the Bondo and get a baselayer of paint on. the color design is in my pfp, the baselayer will be silver, then ill put toothpaste on for weathering, putting on an orange topcoat. any tips or thoughts?

Hi, I've been working on a custom post imp mando! I am a complete newcomer, any tips will be appreciated! for more constant updates follow my ig: @BrandNewMando!

yesterday evening i finished sanding and applying Bondo the the helmet, (a raw 3D print from Galactic Armory) today I'm hoping to sand down the Bondo and get a baselayer of paint on. the color design is in my pfp, the baselayer will be silver, then ill put toothpaste on for weathering, putting on an orange topcoat. any tips or thoughts?
Post loads of photos !
Good luck I'm on a similar journey.

IMG_9090.jpeg
Post loads of photos !
Good luck I'm on a similar journey.
Will do! Here’s the progress so far:

Attachments

• IMG_9088.jpeg
    IMG_9088.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9068.jpeg
    IMG_9068.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
Okay, got on the grind today and finished the helmet!!! All it needs is super glue for the visor and ear caps, attached are process pics. Lmk with any feedback or questions!

Attachments

• IMG_9088.jpeg
    IMG_9088.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9090.jpeg
    IMG_9090.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9091.jpeg
    IMG_9091.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9092.jpeg
    IMG_9092.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9093.jpeg
    IMG_9093.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9104.jpeg
    IMG_9104.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9094.jpeg
    IMG_9094.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 84
Any good links or sources for diy boba fett upper body armor? That’s the next part of the kit, hoping to stay under $150 but not looking too good… links would be appreciated!

Any good links or sources for diy boba fett upper body armor? That’s the next part of the kit, hoping to stay under $150 but not looking too good… links would be appreciated!
The Dented Helmet should have all the possible templates you require..
Both Wizard of Flight and Rafael have done an Amazing job.
Buy a pack of cintra and your off for a $12 pack..
It's relatively easy to use and depending on your skill set pretty easy to knock up a set.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll have to look into that, I have made armor out of cardboard/EVA foam before, I assume its the same process? Will I be able to get the same finish/look as my helmet?

Also the flight suit, any recommendations?

Okay, I'll have to look into that, I have made armor out of cardboard/EVA foam before, I assume its the same process? Will I be able to get the same finish/look as my helmet?

Also the flight suit, any recommendations?
Oh much better and you only have to trawl a few Threads that are around to see the results.

Okay-- thanks to this awesome community, I discovered Sintra board, which I'll be using for the rest of the armor for my mando. Any tips?
Here's the link: I was thinking 1/8"and 12 by 24'', (2 sq ft) that should be enough?

Okay-- thanks to this awesome community, I discovered Sintra board, which I'll be using for the rest of the armor for my mando. Any tips?
Here's the link: I was thinking 1/8"and 12 by 24'', (2 sq ft) that should be enough?
Invest or borrow hot air gun which is great for shaping curves and overall shape, use good respirator and use in well ventilated room.

Where did you get one interested?
Okay so it’s actully pretty interesting! I’m trying to keep o the budget down, so instead of a real flightsuit, I got tactical pants and a shirt made of that BDU military uniform material off a airsoft website lol

Okay so it’s actully pretty interesting! I’m trying to keep o the budget down, so instead of a real flightsuit, I got tactical pants and a shirt made of that BDU military uniform material off a airsoft website lol
Pics?
I'm altering two boiler suits atm, one being the donor for the other.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back