WOPR: War Games

Ramjet

I've been asked to help reverse engineer the WOPR computer prop from the movie War Games.

I started with a ton of screen caps, and roughed out the dimensions. The hard work is now in getting all the details in and creating a set of drawings the client can use to build a replica out of MDF.

The LED placement is about true to the original.

01.png
vlcsnap-2023-08-25-20h54m27s827.png
02.jpg
01.jpg
04.jpg
07-960.jpg

Last edited:
My brother was an ICBM crewman and is now a GS civilian with Space Command and goes to Cheyenne Mountain often. He'd get a kick out of this.

I spent some time on the front panel today.

View attachment 1732938
View attachment 1732941
Love this project and movie! Is the goal a life size version? Haha that would be wild! I think it would be cool to have a desktop or shoebox size of this, a really fun build. It could be the camera settings in the 3D software, but double check your proportions on the panel, I imagine its just sort of fish-eyeing a bit. The grid of holes feel small compared to the reference. Can't wait to see more!

The mounting holes on the panel are actually smaller than the panel lights that sit on the front, so good spotting!
Yes, the aim is a 1:1 for the client, but I'll use the files for a 3D print for the office desk.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back