Wondercon 2013

i kinda regret not getting a ticket now.....i just found out there is a limited edition IDW bettie page cover rocketeer artist edition book......

sunday tickets are still available but i am sure it will be sold out by then....

pretty cool book..recommend rocketeer fans to pick it up...
T2eC16JHJIE9qSO8DbBRUo5DSUrw60_3_zps79b7887e.jpg

Last edited:
Come hangout at WonderCon Artist Alley #116 with Mike Hicks Art to pickup an exclusive Wonder Woman Jean Gomez print as well as Vegas PG Cosplay prints! Both will be signing and taking pictures! Artist Alley #116 at 1 p.m. They are both gorgeous and super sweet friends of mine. We are selling prints made with only one continuous line! The booth name is Mike Hicks Art. If you come by please tell me you are from RPF and we will give you a discount on any print you buy! Even if you don't buy anything tell us you are from RPF! I wana meet everyone I can on here.
I will be dressed in a hipster Riddler cosplay.
-Tim

Hey guys be sure to take lots of pics of the prop and collectible booths - specifically wanted to see what eFX, UD Replicas, and Kotobukiya brought with them, thanks!

So I had a great time at Wondercon, thanks to all who made it memoriable. Especially Rebecca Steve Aaron and the rest of the AL crew for our "mini sweep". Special Thanks to Keith and Abby along with her friend "Cherry Sauce" and special shout out to Keith for the idea for the "life changing moment" Also special thanks to any other RPF memebers I met but forgot to mentionlike the guy in the dred costume(sorry forgot your name/RPF name). I had a blast at my 1st con ever!!!

Somethings I learned at my 1st con
1)Bring Protein Powder and shaker again. With out realizing it 3 or 4 hours had passed and my stomach was rumbling quiet a bit. With the food court line around the block for most food items, it sure made it easy to run to a bottle water vending machine throw the water and powder together shake well and drink. Kept me going for a few more hours.

2)Drink more water, I was sweating so much I immediately got home and drank about a 1/2 gallon of water. I guess I was a "little dehydrated"

3)Wear comfortable shoes again, being in my USCM Costume, it sure was nice having my cross trainers vs 40 dollar chinese knock off vietnam era boots on. My feet would of have blisters in 1/2 the time with all the walking I did.

4)Go earlier and get my badge settled

5)Make more decisive plans of meetings with people within a ~30 min period, it was hard to find anyone let alone Abby and Keith who had their whole schedule posted on fb!!!

6)Bring more cash 100 bucks is just not enough between Souvenirs,food,parking and everything else

7)Bring a Camera, so I can take pictures with people.

8)Do not leave my HGC PR lying around. I got lucky here sat down in a shady spot for a few got up walked away for 1-2 minutes. Came back to see some kid who saw me running back return it. I of course thanked him quite a few times. Along with this I said "I am not sure what faith you are, but no matter what faith you are I believe in karma and for returning such a valuable item you have some good karma coming your way I am sure"

9)Bring a back up Music program(such as a mp3 player/ipod) to play music while I drive, sure was annoying having my phone die at 4 or 5pm and have no music or radio to drive home to!

10)Remember WHERE THE HELL I PARK!!! Thanks alot to Alan Smithee for driving me around for 20ish minutes till I figured out I parked in the "camelot hotel"

Either way had a great con, can not wait for next year.

Last but certainly not least Brad I am offically passing the torch on RPF meet ups back to you, I am way to "indecisive"/Non Shalant that I finally decided on a place for everyone till the day before making it extremely difficult to get a reservation!!!

Last edited:
I was only there for about 3 hours but managed to see a lot of RPF'rs. I so wished I could stay longer but my kids were DONE after about 2 hours.

I also got to meet Joseph Kosinski (director of TRON Legacy) and Norm Chan from Tested.com (one of my favorite Youtube channels)

6196219B-178B-4810-AA55-FBA5F69A0F85-2407-000000F2AE10959B.jpg

5F6A6D1E-EBAC-4E87-AE64-ECAB51D2C4D9-2407-000000DEB5D40D5F.jpg

Damn Norse I walked right by you like 2 or 3 times on Saturday, and did not even realize it. I was looking for you in that darker brown GB uniform(like your avatar) not the tan one in the pics!

Here's some of the betters pics I got -

attachment.php

Nice pictures! (I see what you did there- Clever, working one of the RPF moderators into your photo...)

I didn't take many picks, but here are a few:

Two of my favorite Star Trek women:
WonderCon20134_zps73df854c.jpg

Wall-E is still a favorite:
WonderCon201310_zpsc0ecad3f.jpg

I met Inspector Space-Time & Piper!
WonderCon201316_zps54886700.jpg

And here are some other time travelers, apparently...
WonderCon201337_zpsc20667d5.jpg

I'd say it was a good convention...

Damn Norse I walked right by you like 2 or 3 times on Saturday, and did not even realize it. I was looking for you in that darker brown GB uniform(like your avatar) not the tan one in the pics!

Lol, sorry man. I decided to rock the Khaki last minute. Would have been cool to shoot the breeze with a fellow RPFer.

Nice pictures! (I see what you did there- Clever, working one of the RPF moderators into your photo...)

Haha, I didn't even notice until I uploaded the pics from the camera.

i kinda regret not getting a ticket now.....i just found out there is a limited edition IDW bettie page cover rocketeer artist edition book......

sunday tickets are still available but i am sure it will be sold out by then....

pretty cool book..recommend rocketeer fans to pick it up...
T2eC16JHJIE9qSO8DbBRUo5DSUrw60_3_zps79b7887e.jpg

I believe the IDW editor said this version will be on their site too. There was a post here about it -

Guess the next IDW Artist Edition in Crisis On Infinite Comics! Forum

I was tempted but I have the first version. Maybe if the whole cover was Bettie panels I would have picked up a second copy.

I believe the IDW editor said this version will be on their site too. There was a post here about it -

Guess the next IDW Artist Edition in Crisis On Infinite Comics! Forum

I was tempted but I have the first version. Maybe if the whole cover was Bettie panels I would have picked up a second copy.

thanks for the information.....

i was really tempted....then i decided the same thing you did....

i already own two books of the first version.....not worth spending 100 for a new cover for a book i already own...

Here's a few pics from me. It was my first con/cosplay. I had a blast. I will definitely be doing it again. Bear with me as this is the first time I've used my iPad to post pictures.
ydy8u8yt.jpg

9e7esare.jpg

erurazu8.jpg

This guy was off the hook
9udy8u6y.jpg

Cool kids with an awesome dads.
uhenyze7.jpg

yze6epa7.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back