WIP: Thrain's Dwarven War Hammer (from Hobbit) - More handle work

Nice work! It always helps to practice on something first. Looks like it paid off. =)

And, since you're painting this, if you mess up you can always bondo it back up and have another crack at it.

soooooo how did this outstanding axe turn out?! also would you PLEASE consider downloading your "template" of the axe so that I could copy it. Did you have to have it photo copied at a store, yes stupid question. But I would be indebted to you for this extra help.

I know this is a few years late on giving helpful tips, but if you would like to avoid cutting into the material in order to cut out something in the middle (circled in red)..

aiFcjOc.jpg

Just simply drill a hole in the area that will eventually get cut out, place it on the scroll saw table, feed your scroll saw blade through the hole, attach the blade to the blade clamp, and then have a go at cutting it out (keeping waste material to the right of the blade). Remove the blade once you are done cutting the middle section out the same way you put it on, and ta daaa you have a finished piece that doesn't have any unnecessary cuts in it :thumbsup

Have you finished up the Hammer?

Not yet... I've finished up all the engraving lines and have used filler to clean up some of the cut lines. I basically just have assembly to do on this one... So, without promising anything, I think this will be the next abandoned project I pick up and finish.

We've talked about casting this once done (just because it's not one that I've seen folks create before). I'll PM you if we start an interest thread in the sale forum.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back