WIP Deathstroke (Batman: Arkham Origins)

Yep I can't wait, this is all in prep for Melbourne Armageddon Expo 19th/20th Oct which will mean this gets a good show before Akrham: Origins release on 25th Oct.

I have reseamed the undershirt recently to make it a tighter fit.

I am in the process of making all of the armor. I was going to make the mask until I saw the BBprops one. I am going to use foam covered with wonderflex, the mesh resembles the kevlar style pattern. Getting it ready for Halloween, my friend gets about 1500 trick or treaters, should be fun.
I'll post pix, can't wait to see your completed costume.

I am in the process of making all of the armor. I was going to make the mask until I saw the BBprops one. I am going to use foam covered with wonderflex, the mesh resembles the kevlar style pattern. Getting it ready for Halloween, my friend gets about 1500 trick or treaters, should be fun.
I'll post pix, can't wait to see your completed costume.

I look forward to see it, I actually have 2 masks being made at moment, Arcane Amusements is making one as he likes the challenge, he was only engaged to produce armour, but his is coming along well too.

Well unfortunately this project is on hold, vendor creating armour has run into some issues and cannot complete works (well not this year), so I'll need to source a new maker for armour or start creating myself.

Note: Mask from BB Props is still slated to be finished before 19th Oct.

Last edited:
Painting and weathering progress from BB Props.

Attachments

• 1267368_162567143942159_157166490_o.jpg
    1267368_162567143942159_157166490_o.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 6,769
  • 1267368_162567143942159_157166490_o.jpg
    1267368_162567143942159_157166490_o.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 240
Sorry to hear that your armor is being delayed. The mask is outstanding, however. BBprops said they may not be releasing it until early 2014, that is ok, but sooner would be better. You could make the armor yourself, the only problem I have encountered is finding good reference photos of Deathstroke Origins. I hope the delay for your armor is not too lengthy. What they have done so far looks outstanding.

Is this the non-carbon fiber-ed mask? just noticing it didn't have the textured affect, or at least couldn't see it.

Maker had issues with weather and the carbon fiber process in the end he has made with rigid urethane, he's going to attempt the carbon fiber again in future and I get first chance to refuse.

Sorry to hear that your armor is being delayed. The mask is outstanding, however. BBprops said they may not be releasing it until early 2014, that is ok, but sooner would be better. You could make the armor yourself, the only problem I have encountered is finding good reference photos of Deathstroke Origins. I hope the delay for your armor is not too lengthy. What they have done so far looks outstanding.

I have another friend maker who does Batman replica suits and works with foam as well, I'll probably shift to him for armour, depending on his schedule we maybe able to get the armour out by the 19th/20th of Oct, but mostly likely it will be April next year before this suit makes it to a convention.

The new plan is probably to go with foam and overlay Carbon fiber look film to achieve the desired look, this it kind of the stuff I have, if anything it looks a bit darker.

I'll mostly colour match mask to armour for orange colour.

I also have an extensive collection of images of costumes, from trailer and game play, some being official stills from promos but also a few screen caps from the various gameplay vids and trailers.

Last edited:
Very cool. I like that it looks more like a ballistic mask than a helmet. I saw a tut on using plastidip to create a faux carbon fiber look. Might work here. The reference pics i have seen look more like a combination of matte and gloss paint.

BB Props sent through this last night, final payment has been made and it should be on it's way today!

Once I have I may look at adding additional battle damage on black side, I was thinking of using some rubber to make scuff marks more that actually paint or damage the carbon fiber film.

I hope I am not being rude, but I have to ask, how much was the mask? I want a raw one from BBprops when they put them up for sale, so this will give me some idea of cost...I hope. You are going to have a kick ass Deathstroke when it is completed, congrats.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back