William Shatner going to space.

...wonder if there was an agreement that no capsule video would be shown to the public, at Shatner's request? He got choked up just talking about it afterwards.

BTW... they went the 62 miles to the Karman line

FB535AF8-D283-4B3F-B9C9-6DD034ACD9EF.jpeg

He seemed to "get it" certainly more than some others seem to be able to articulate anyways.

I think anytime humans leave earth, there are greater forces in play than technology, political forces like the cold war, or now tourism or thrillseekers, or even exploration. Life as a natural force, leaping off it's birth world. That's powerful.

Capsule footage…

Is there a candy wrapper floating around in the capsule?
I did not expect to be moved as I was when the rocket took off. Shatner's words were brilliant, his reaction beautiful. You can't help but get romantic about this.

He seemed to "get it" certainly more than some others seem to be able to articulate anyways.

I think anytime humans leave earth, there are greater forces in play than technology, political forces like the cold war, or now tourism or thrillseekers, or even exploration. Life as a natural force, leaping off it's birth world. That's powerful.

It was a bit sad to see how insensitive and with a huge lack of respect the rest of the passengers exited the capsule. I know not one of those three others, and I guess that Shatner was THE celebrity on board. The Captain´s first attempt at sharing his impressions was stopped by the cheering and infantile behaviour of the people surrounding him. No dignity there, Jeff Bezos somehow recollected himself and kept quiet during the interview that Shatner gave. Although I have seen Shatner always as being a self-promoter and "showman", I had the feeling that he was truely, sincerely moved by this short trip into space. And even if it wasn´t Shatner, having the OLDEST person going into space in the history of space flight should motivate anyone to act with dignity and a huge amount of respect in his presence.

im glad i caught this, really cool,
but for some reason i couldnt get the song, Star trekkin by the Firm out of my head,

There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow;
there's Klingons on the starboard bow, scrape 'em off jim, :)

William Shatner Is the Only REAL James T Kirk, and the only member of Star Fleet to actually go into Space!

Here are the Captains 1st words after he landed back on earth, he is obviously a little loopy from the ride!

1634262154296.png

After a while I don't notice the genital aspect anymore. Is that good or bad? LOL
For landing it's well forgotten and impressive as SpaceX. Oh, and I'd give my left n** to ride in that big d***! LOL

z5PEgfmh.jpg

Seeing his reaction honestly moved me to tears. I couldn't even imagine being such an iconic actor playing a part like that and now in real life he's lived out the reality of his fictional role, even if it was only for a moment. Wow. This is so inspiring!

It's so nice to see stories like this in the world. We could use a whole lot more of it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back