Why wont it dry?

Yeowch! I hope you didn't pay a lot for these. In addition to the bubbles, the weeping and bad casting, you really have your work cut out forn you. However, as my buddy Alan mentioned, it's the challange! This is what makes you a strong and true prop builder! It builds character! Just ask Alan what happened when he received a Vulcan harp in the mail! :lol
From lemons, make lemonade!

Jedi, i paid £10 for the hypo and about £4 for the cortical stimulator. I really wanted to won a hypo and i dont know anywhere else, where i can buy a reasonably priced kit. Heck i'd buy a prebuilt one if i could.

when it arrived i was gutted, i've been making props for about 2 years, I wont lie, i'm a novice. I bought these as i thought it would help me along with learning to spray properly ect..The hypo is joke, I could quote one of the people from Alan's link..It's bent and out of shape. It looks like the original this was cast from has been chewed by the dog then put in the ovan and half melted :-(

I dont even know if want to try finishing it..Even if i fill in the holes, i will have to face the weeping..

Sadly i dont think i can leave him any feed back as i bought them just before Christmas. I've just this second posted up a "WTB Hypospray" thread in the JY.

It feels like such a kick in the teeth, as i was really eager to build a small med kit. I dont know why, but i think the hypospray is a cool little prop.

I'm not giving up on the cortical stimulator. I was thinking just like Alan suggested. It's not a great cast, so there's little point putting loads of effort in to filling all the holes ect. So i'm going to get it dry and then hand paint it. I think once done, it'll look ok.

I wont ever buy from that guy again!

Thanks to everyone who replied, i'm really greatful for the advice and the headsup on that seller. It's reassuring to know that even you guys would bin these instead of build them.

I'm going to go against what some people are saying, and advise you to at least touch base with the seller. You never know, he might be willing to send you a better one. Worst case scenario you'll still be right where you are now.

I might give that a try actually..nothing to loose after all.

I tried the ovan approach as 100 degree's..I kept taking it out and putting it back it, made not a lick of difference. But it did cause a bubble to form near the bottom of the prop, about the size of a small pea, it swelled out on the front as well as the back. I've managed to sand it down on the front.

These props are just terrible

I had a similar problem not too long ago.
I ended up sealing the area with a coat of Superglue and then used Rustoleum primer. Worked for me :)

I agree with Funky Jedi ,the weeping spots is awful ,I had a Aliens face hugger for 3 months trying to dry with primer and the whole kit was a mistake , a few years ago , I ordered it from overseas ,never again ,I ended up throwing it away ,poor vinyl casting all the way around........I had many areas that just wasnt drying properly ,only half of it dried ,it was still sticky in many areas , it was a lesson learner......

I might try superglue, this is just annoying. Ive given up on the hypo, Ive also pm'd the guy. Doubte I'll hear anything.

Hey guys

I was sent another whole set of replacement pieces. The replacement hypo was actually more warped then the one i had originally and the nozzle was still soft. I could cut in to the resin with my nail :-/

Cortical stimulator that i was sent, it better then the previous. However all will be since when and if i prime it.

I've asked the guy for a partial refund. As i simply can't make anything from what i have here

Hey guys

I was sent another whole set of replacement pieces. The replacement hypo was actually more warped then the one i had originally and the nozzle was still soft. I could cut in to the resin with my nail :-/

Sorry James, but I can't resist ....

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I have a friend who has a C=64 he uses on the net, he has it running Linux somehow using a tape drive. He is a HAM radio operator like me, which is how I met him, and has another C=64 running his Packet Radio Station.

Jason has now asked me to return the hypo that he originally sent. Apparently the kit was checked before being posted. This i find highly doubteful, as soon as i removed the pieces from their box i saw how poorly they where. I shall post up images later. I would have been on here sooner, but health and visiting relatives have kept me away.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A TNG HYPO THEY WANT TO SELL THAT ISN'T DEFORMED?!!!! *weeps & sobs*

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back