What's "off" in this publicity tour photo of Mark, Carrie, and Harrison?

Totally looks like Mark Hamill to me. Not sure where the uncertainty lies.

Early press tour - June 1977, according to the Getty notes. This was post car accident.

Last edited:
It just looks like Mark to me, sorry

J
Finally; another "Super Recognizer" like me.:love: Funny how people who don't have that ability (not my fault; my brain works that way since day1):D have all kind of impressions: York, Cassidy or it's not even Mark Hamill in the picture:oops: It's killing me folks, killing me I say!!

Here's a few minutes of quick-n-dirty photoshop work on it.

I reduced the funny size perspective between the 3 of them + lightened Mark's hair slightly + flattened the the bridge of Mark's nose to look more like ESB/ROTJ.

It's Mark.

SW-Mark-Carrie-Harrison-publicity060-02a.jpg

Finally; another "Super Recognizer" like me.:love: Funny how people who don't have that ability (not my fault; my brain works that way since day1):D have all kind of impressions: York, Cassidy or it's not even Mark Hamill in the picture:oops: It's killing me folks, killing me I say!!
My first girlfriend in high school had that as a superpower. She could have immediately recognized Telly Savalas if he showed up with a full beard and long, flowing heavy metal hair. If she had ever seen Peter Mayhew previously, she would have probably known it was him playing Chewbacca.

SSB

Here's a few minutes of quick-n-dirty photoshop work on it.

I reduced the funny size perspective between the 3 of them + lightened Mark's hair slightly + flattened the the bridge of Mark's nose to look more like ESB/ROTJ.

It's Mark.

View attachment 1699550
I think it's around Star Wars or post Star Wars. Look at Carrie, she still has her 'baby fat'. By Empire, her facial features were more precise.

Another pic from that same time. Carrie and Harrison have the same outfits.
View attachment 1699597

An interesting observation, Mark appears to have a band-aid on the bridge of his nose.

Mark is wearing a blazer with a different T-shirt here.
Carrie has the same shirt as the first photo.
Harrison appears to have the same coat, but different shirt.

Maybe this was over several days of press tour interviews?

It may have been in the UK. The interviewers mic has a '9' label. Perhaps, one of the UK members might know. Or if anyone can id the interviewer. I know this is irrelevant to the thread.

Nothing explains that. At least, not in a way that makes logical sense!

SSB
Cocaine...

Cocaine explains almost ALL of the HS.

LOL

As far as the other celebs that are being mentioned that Mark looks like, in the original image, I totally see late 70's Jackson Browne.

Not that it could be. I'm on board with it's simply Mark on an odd picture day.

It's Mark but due to recent info on another thread, i would really like to see a clear picture of Randy Jonsson at this point for comparison sake...lol. Many of you will know what i'm referring to.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back