What to do after the costume pattern?(spiderman suit)

the shading is too light, it should be the other way around. the shades should be darker. you allready have it on the red, but not on the blue. looks kinda weird this way ;)

Hello EyeofSauron, yes I know that I have to change the shading in the blue part(in fact I have done some pieces of the blue part's shading, but I didn't uploaded this shot cause I haven't finished it yet thanks to my tiredness!!! :p :p). This is just a shot for you guys to see the pattern's shape. I have left enough things to do to make it ready for print! Have a good night! :)

Last edited:
Looks great, I think this will look awesome printed up. You should check out Fabrics on Demand, they will be able to print this bad boy up.

Looch, thanks man for your informations about dye sublimation! I am sure that this can't be done at home, but i think that here in Greece and especially in Thessaloniki there are not so many companies for this process... Anyway I will check out if there are companies doing this! Thanks again man!
Very glad I could help!

I recognize this pattern, I've seen the person's videos on Youtube/Facebook. I've only ever seen one person make a suit with a pattern that looks like that...the back bricks are distinctive, as are the registration marks all around.

Color correction should be unnecessary for the original files, they are designed to be printed onto colored fabrics for the proper depth of color.

-Nick

That is what I thought. When I did the coloring I created a layer of the color that was clipped to match the pattern and turned the pattern into an overlay. Nick, Who was that?

I recognize this pattern, I've seen the person's videos on Youtube/Facebook. I've only ever seen one person make a suit with a pattern that looks like that...the back bricks are distinctive, as are the registration marks all around.

Color correction should be unnecessary for the original files, they are designed to be printed onto colored fabrics for the proper depth of color.

-Nick

Do you like the edited photo of the pattern??? You are one of the best designers... I want you to tell me your opinion.

Thanks

Do you like the edited photo of the pattern??? You are one of the best designers... I want you to tell me your opinion.

Thanks

I am by no means one of the best designers, but I appreciate the compliment.

As for your colors, if you're looking to get this dye sublimated onto white fabric, you'll find that the colors are going to be too dark.

The colors that get printed end up being darker than what you see on your screen.

I did some really rough mockups of what the color should look like for printing onto white material:

Screenshot2012-05-24at21101PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-24at21645PM.png

They're not perfect, because I did them in under 5 minutes, and I was limited by those original images, but they should give you a decent idea of what color to aim for.

Good luck.

-Nick

I am by no means one of the best designers, but I appreciate the compliment.

As for your colors, if you're looking to get this dye sublimated onto white fabric, you'll find that the colors are going to be too dark.

The colors that get printed end up being darker than what you see on your screen.

I did some really rough mockups of what the color should look like for printing onto white material:

Screenshot2012-05-24at21101PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-24at21645PM.png

They're not perfect, because I did them in under 5 minutes, and I was limited by those original images, but they should give you a decent idea of what color to aim for.

Good luck.

-Nick

Hello Nick, so if i make the colors of my pattern look like what you did and print it on white fabric, it will look like the movie costume? You said that the colors when printed onto fabric, they will look darker... Thanks for your help, i appreciate it :) . I will update the thread with the new pattern photos asap.

I have changed the color of the pattern.I think especially the blue one that is really close to the one that Nick did! Take a look :)

I have changed the color of the pattern.I think especially the blue one that is really close to the one that Nick did! Take a look :)

Once again, my colors aren't perfect, I just did them VERY quickly, but the file you're working from isn't exactly ideal.

Here, this might help you. It's a screenshot of my pattern and a picture of how it looked once it was printed so you can get a sense of how the printing process changes the color.

Screenshot2012-05-24at33921PM.png

spidey3.jpg

-Nick

Once again, my colors aren't perfect, I just did them VERY quickly, but the file you're working from isn't exactly ideal.

Here, this might help you. It's a screenshot of my pattern and a picture of how it looked once it was printed so you can get a sense of how the printing process changes the color.

Screenshot2012-05-24at33921PM.png

spidey3.jpg

-Nick

Well, in my opinion the printed version looks a liitle bit brighter!!! :) That's what i see... Perhaps it is beacuse of the lightning, but this is what I see...I hope that i don't have a view problem, I am saying this beacuse you said that the printed version is darker. Your pattern colors are not that bright as you showed me... That's what i can not understand...

Hello everyone, I'm new and I wanted to know where I can find the file for the PDS costume spiderman, I'm very interested in the files that you see in the last post. some of you can help me out? sorry for my English is not very good.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back