What are your most desired obscure props?

Just re-watched Mo' Better Blues and the bookie, Petey, has this flat, silver-plated dice spinner that was just too cool (like everything else in the movie.) Gave you two 6-sided dice results. Would love to find out more about the prop and find one (and if any enterprising prop maker wants to make a 20-sided version, take my money now...)

RPF Desired Props Mo Better Blues Dice Spinner IMG_7200.JPG

The Adastra Pistol and the Time Cop Gun, (I have acquired all the parts for the Time cop gun kit)

The Star Helix and the Martian Pistol from The Expanse, (I have acquired and built the Martian pistol from the Expanse and I have parts for the Star Helix)

Attachments

• IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 110
  • OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 99
  • nRdyUeLPSz-9b_g6NW716Q.jpg
    nRdyUeLPSz-9b_g6NW716Q.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 83
A full size replica of the Millennium Falcon including full size figures of Han Solo. Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan, CP30 and R2D2

I want a lifesized Terminator Endo Skeleton but I am poor. lol
papacura? You know, building stuff with paper cutouts? Or look up Epic Cardboard Props on Youtube.

And Adam Savage had some company chrome-plate his resin terminator. They basically sprayed copper headgasket spray over all the plastic parts, several coats, then plated the copper with nickel, then plated the nickel with real chrome. But i've seen some pretty good chrome paint lately, and thought of using strips of chrome mylar sign vinyl too, if you don't care about the overlapped vinyl edges.

Jayne's large rifle in Serenity.

One might not think such a prop could be obscure given the general fandom devoted to this film and especially to the character's Firefly counterpart "Vera," but aside from brief mentions of Adam Baldwin naming the rifle "Lux" as a posthumous tribute to a fan, it seems to have received practically zero interest... which is so weird to me, because it's my very favorite sci-fi gun.

My understanding is that it was constructed at ISS by modifying a standard assault rifle from 1998's Soldier (itself built around an AKU-94 bullpup) and adding a gas-powered barrel, lights, etc. Unfortunately, I've confirmed from multiple sources at the company that it was long-ago disassembled, and efforts to track down either the removed parts or behind-the-scenes photo documentation have come up short.

As far as visual reference, below is all I've been able to find:

View attachment 1673642
Since i've owned and modified the Real AK's, yes, it is an AK variant with a lot of junk added on the front.

A full size replica of the Millennium Falcon including full size figures of Han Solo. Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan, CP30 and R2D2
A true-to-life size version of the Millennium Falcon would have to be bigger by about 25% so people could go inside. If you can afford it i'd love to build you one...i'd even do it at cost, no profit...lol.

PS. I can build stuff for 1970's prices, even the materials...i mostly use salvaged materials in my builds.

My most desired props are...
The gizmo from My Science project...i'll have to build it someday.
Landmaster from Damnnation Alley, if i ever move to the desert where i can drive it. I couldn't justify owning it when Dean Jeffries offered to sell it to me in the 90's.
Aliens M577 APC...I'll try to begin the build after i move into my new workshop in a couple months.
M41A pulse rifle and an M85 smartgun with harness. I've owned 3 M41A's and was stupid to sell them.
Mini-Geek or one of the submersibles from The Abyss...I build ROV's so Mini-Geek is almost redundant.
Rally Fighter from one of the Autobot movies...I really just want a Rally Fighter...lol.
ZF-1 of course.
The robotic stealth plane from Stealth.
One of the alien fighters from Independence Day.
The ship from Flight of the Navigator. The high-speed version, it just looks cooler.
The alien gun from KIN (2018).
One of the new ED-209's from the Robocop remake...Shawn Thorson has already built two originals so...arrgh!
Conan's Antlantean sword from Conan the Barbarian.
Red Skull's car from Captain America, or Captain Nemo's car from League of Extraordinary Gentleman. But i prefer dark utility over shiny pretty, Red Skull's military-style car would be preferred.
The CAR from...you guessed it, The Car.
The 89 Keaton Batmobile or the Tumbler. I like the one from Arkham Knights with the wheels/arms that spread apart, i think it's just an animated film and i'm not into the comic-book stuff, but i know one exists for real.

Keep in mind i'm not Bill Gates or Elon Musk, but since i have alot of fabrication equipment and abilities, most of this stuff i'd be building, not buying.

Last edited:
A true-to-life size version of the Millennium Falcon would have to be bigger by about 25% so people could go inside. If you can afford it i'd love to build you one...i'd even do it at cost, no profit...lol.

PS. I can build stuff for 1970's prices, even the materials...i mostly use salvaged materials in my builds.

My most desired props are...
The gizmo from My Science project...i'll have to build it someday.
Landmaster from Damnnation Alley, if i ever move to the desert where i can drive it. I couldn't justify owning it when Dean Jeffries offered to sell it to me in the 90's.
Aliens M577 APC...I'll try to begin the build after i move into my new workshop in a couple months.
M41A pulse rifle and an M85 smartgun with harness. I've owned 3 M41A's and was stupid to sell them.
Mini-Geek or one of the submersibles from The Abyss...I build ROV's so Mini-Geek is almost redundant.
Rally Fighter from one of the Autobot movies...I really just want a Rally Fighter...lol.
ZF-1 of course.
The robotic stealth plane from Stealth.
One of the alien fighters from Independence Day.
The ship from Flight of the Navigator. The high-speed version, it just looks cooler.
The alien gun from KIN (2018).
One of the new ED-209's from the Robocop remake...Shawn Thorson has already built two originals so...arrgh!
Conan's Antlantean sword from Conan the Barbarian.
Red Skull's car from Captain America, or Captain Nemo's car from League of Extraordinary Gentleman. But i prefer dark utility over shiny pretty, Red Skull's military-style car would be preferred.
The CAR from...you guessed it, The Car.
The 89 Keaton Batmobile or the Tumbler. I like the one from Arkham Knights with the wheels/arms that spread apart, i think it's just an animated film and i'm not into the comic-book stuff, but i know one exists for real.

Keep in mind i'm not Bill Gates or Elon Musk, but since i have alot of fabrication equipment and abilities, most of this stuff i'd be building, not buying.
Not just the money but the space lol

I'd have to have a Batcave with an entrance hidden behind a waterfall to put all my toys in.

A hidden underground lair could be considered an obscure prop, yes?

PS. An SR-71 Blackbird or the new Darkstar hyperplane would be cool to have as well.

I wouldn't think it's "obscure", but I really want Jack Sparrow's compass. I'd think it'd be a pretty popular prop, but it doesn't look like there's been any runs of it here, ever. There's been some fantastic looking one-offs, but the versions on Etsy that I've seen kinda pale in comparison.

I'm going to make a movie accurate version one day, but I'd love to have the wooden locomotive and model delorean that Doc builds in Back to the Future part 3. I know BTTF isn't obscure, but I think these props are overlooked in favor of hoverboards and almanacs.View attachment 1713607
All the cartridges.... too cool but the ones in the headlights are even still loaded!!!

And, it wouldn't be nearly as hard as Doc's old west ice maker.

Last edited:
I'm going to make a movie accurate version one day, but I'd love to have the wooden locomotive and model delorean that Doc builds in Back to the Future part 3. I know BTTF isn't obscure, but I think these props are overlooked in favor of hoverboards and almanacs.View attachment 1713607
Just my gut feeling, not sure if anyone else feels this way, but I always had the impression Doc made this model entirely out of wood (except the bullets). I feel like bent sheet metal(?) would have been too much for "the crudity of the model." It would seem more authentic to the movie to be made of wood, at least to me. I would love to make a wood one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back