What’s Going On With The V2 Nipple?

Captain Dunsel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This has likely been discussed, before, buried in a thread somewhere, but this particular shot of the V2…

194DB427-813E-4D8A-A703-4C6E331B891F.jpeg

...just what is going on here? It looks like either an uneven cut of the nipple or large chips in the surface?

E7863D81-3B32-494F-AA9B-924F4248354D.jpeg

Of course, in most shots, and in the famous “Pop Culture Quest” video; the nipple is flat and smooth with no chips or jagged edges.

BTW, in this shot, the emitter is at almost the exact same rotation as it was when sitting on the Emperor’s chair.

1D5A82D0-B809-49EB-91F7-9927C87B56C9.jpeg

So, what is going on in the shot on Harold Q Palpatine’s armrest?

Last edited:
I think the lighting and resolution is playing tricks on your eye. At that angle, that part of the nipple is catching a lot of light and mixed with the low resolution, it is hiding the edge of the nipple and blending it so it looks like your chip. I think if I stare at it, I can just make out the almost hidden edge.

I think the lighting and resolution is playing tricks on your eye. At that angle, that part of the nipple is catching a lot of light and mixed with the low resolution, it is hiding the edge of the nipple and blending it so it looks like your chip. I think if I stare at it, I can just make out the almost hidden edge.

I think you could be right. I’ll have to blow this scene up in 4K and squint at it…

OK, so no one else is seeing two chips in the metal, here, (of the kind a blade might make while hacking the spinning blade shaft off?) but me and “My Lyin’ Eyes”, correct? ;)

F5780D87-0CCF-4061-B0A3-5B498589B176.jpeg

BAF7AE67-2714-4337-86EB-DDD1D95E48BD.jpeg

I just want to be certain I’m not missing some detail that I hadn’t captured before as I’m working on a V2 emitter, as we speak.

Thanks for the input, all!

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have been summoned. Let me go through my reference and I’ll report back.

It’s my assumption that the nipple and emitter are locked together and it has been possibly removed from the shaft in the interim explaining the tang chip moving around.

I’ll report back - I am loving these screenshots. Y’all got any more 4k lightsaber shots with blades? Message me lol

I wasn't able to find any other shots showing that big of a piece missing from the nipple.

I will say I think a section of it is slightly dented, but that's about it. upper right side of the nipple in this picture

(you can also see the grub screws pinching the nipple around 2 and 8 O'clock
Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 1.38.34 PM.png

This looks like the stunt saber that's been tossed and dropped a few too many times.

Okay, be honest, how many guys here clicked on this thread as soon as they saw "nipple?" :lol:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back