Watchmen: Rorschach Trenchcoat?

The coat is a very close match to what the Marine Corps uses for their trench coats. Unfortunately, the color is different. Here is a pic from all sides of a USMC trench:

http://www.armynavydeals.com/asp/imageviewer.asp?SKU=wusmctrnchct&IMID=7463

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ench+coat%22&start=20&ndsp=20&um=1&hl=en&sa=N
true with a little bit of dying some alterations i think you could get pretty close and thanks again RS im on the hunt for that blaster i was telling you about good luck on your hunt

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the new waxed cotton in brown for the Rorschach coat. It looks like a super match. I've photographed it on my dark brown waxed cotton and a white sheet of paper for contrast:

brown-waxed-cotton.jpg

Let me know if anyone is interested...

Kind regards,
Indy

....I know the costuming department wouldnt make a trenchcoat from the ground up....I dont know...

sure they would... they do it all the time.....a lady in my town made the trench coats for blade and hellboy, and a bunch of other movies. and they were all made from scratch.....rorshach's was probably custom....

dont remember her name off hand,

she was in the local magazine a few months back showing off all the costumes she had made for production before putting them on ebay, i guess she needed to clear out her workshop...

found the info her name is Wendy Partridge, works out of calgary alberta canada.....she made the jackets and costumes for blade2, hellboy1, and underworld...among others.

her info is on IMDB for the movies shes worked on.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back