Watch collectors / appreciation thread

I appreciate the links!

I did a search before starting this one and I didn’t find those. I’ll definitely be taking a look!

4FF67B6C-ED30-4D62-817D-58623F57BDED.jpeg
Here is my “Blood Bay” Tudor homage

Yes! Reddit r/Watches is a pretty popular option
You're the second person I've heard mention reddit. Good to know, thanks!
I’ve never used that service before…

What are you looking to sell?
Nothing spectacular. Just an average watch or two I no longer wear. Plus sometimes you don't realize a watch is not for you until you've worn it. It's good to know of a place where I can easily unload a watch if I needed to.

9D6F9270-18CA-404D-9D78-717DEB694EFD.jpeg
All of these watches are really nice! I’m just starting to collect watches, I got a really small budget which doesn’t help but in the future I should be able to afford nicer watches that I want.
As of right now I’m tracking down a Gruen Precision 510. This watch was apparently part of Sean Connery’s personal collection and even used in some of his movies. But the big reason I want this watch is because it was supposedly the unknown watch used in the 007 film You Only Live Twice starring Connery himself. Some say he took it from his personal collection, wore it to the set, and used it in the film. This is a lot of speculation but I believe it’s true.

PXL_20211203_214628091~2.jpg

I have a thing for trench watches, but I don't own an original. The Timex Midget scratched the itch for a while but it's quartz, and the font, while accurate to the Ingersoll Midget, isn't my favorite.

This is the Vario 1918 which has an automatic Miyota movement. I think this will be my go to watch for quite some time.

Some of my favorites. One of these is a fake, but its a nice, $500 fake. Can anyone tell witch one it is?
The 2 gold vintage, Hamilton and Ernest Borrell watches were my fathers and grandfathers watches, the Borrell has an optical illusion like its continuously opening, I always loved to watch that as a kid, and my grandfather only wore it on special occasions.
IMG_2538.jpg
IMG_2537.jpg
IMG_2539.jpg
IMG_2540.jpg
IMG_2541.jpg

I’ve seen them but I’m reasonably sure once the “new” wears off I won’t be interested any longer.

I am looking for a birth-year Speedmaster and nothing else is going to scratch that itch, except maybe one from the serial range that actually went to the moon…

Been on the lookout for a Mercury, but not paying the $2000+ prices resellers are asking. You might as well just buy a MoonWatch!

Sean

Exactly! These are not limited and will be available online in a few months. I think $250 is pretty fair especially with “omega” being on it.

I have no idea why these were released in Swatch stores only for a few weeks. Most of the Swatch stores in my radius closed up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back