Warehouse 13 - the other props

In the newst episode, they changed the nitrile gloves to some fabric gloves with the WH-13 logo
Not sure it's the WH13 logo, but it's a gold triangle of some sort. If we can get a HD close up of the pile of gloves on Myka's desk about 33 minutes into the episode you can vaguely see some writing under the triangle (just after Pete kicks the door in and comments how testosterony it is).
But yes, I wonder why they've changed the gloves all of a sudden?

I wonder why they've changed the gloves all of a sudden?

My guess would be that we might see some form of official licensed version come out via QMx since they are making many of the actual props for the show now. That way the gloves are unique over just plain ones. Just a hunch though.

Nitrile Gloves like all other gloves aren't breathable, so I think, the actors wanted something, where they won't sweat. I already drew the Warehouse 13 triangle in Inkscape…

Check out the cheap round sun glasses.
They come in purple.

Or look into clear purple plastic that can be cut to the correct shape.

This was posted on Saul Rubinek's (Artie) Twitter feed back in October. Nice closeup of the front of the Farnsworth holder.
The big "diamond" looking thing behind the keyboard is a ship's deck prism. You can find them on flea-bay or at most Naval museums & sea ports.

azzz 029.jpg I had this before the episode aired. Almost a dead ..."ringer" for Mrs O'Leary's Cow Bell.

Catherine O'Leary's Cow Bell - Warehouse 13 Wiki

Telegraph Island Telegraph.

I first had to learn something about telegraphs. I finally discovered the maker then I found this is very hard to come by. I finally found my telegraph and in bad enough shape that I don't mind altering it:

Side view.jpgtop view.jpg

After 2 hours and a lot of Naval Jelly, I am now here:

2 hours in.jpg

It's cleaning up nicely. I don't want it to look like new, but that mostly black coating has got to go. And the front tapper was quite rusted, It's much better now. Finally I'll clean and wax the mount and remove the iron base.

The last touch will be this. Its the same Key used in the show. By way of note: The telegraph is pre 1900 and the key was made in the 1940 through 80's as far as I know. Not exactly a match. But it is what it is. Who knows the mystery of the artifact?

Warehouse 13 Telegraph Key.jpg

Working nearly non-stop...as fast as things would dry. The telegraph from Telegraph Island Oman is done. My first "real" replica from scratch. Submitted for your approval:

1.jpg

2.jpg

anyone have an idea where to get the scarab?

Dig back farther in this thread. I'm pretty sure this was discussed previously. There was one available through a museum shop web site. IIRC it was about $20. (maybe less)

I have been trying to find a close replica of Artie's bag. Any ideas? I've checked many places, just can't seem to find anything close enough.

I found one on ebay that was close in shape, but turned out to be quite a bit smaller. I was using it for my WH12 costume, so I wasn't all that concerned about screen accuracy. I just wanted one with similar handles and the top corners that fold down like Artie's on the show - so that people would recognize it. I just kept searching for stuff like "vintage briefcase" until I found ones that looked close enough.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back