Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises"

I can't help it if I judge by performance just as much as appearance.

hollywood is filled with beautiful actresses with no acting talent and amazing actresses that lack good looks...

i think there are a small handful that have both....natalie portman is one one of them

nolan is known for using great actors: bale, caine, neeson, oldman, freeman, wilkinson, ledger

actresses: he has been a little weak on......katie holmes and maggie gyllenhaal are not that great...mediocre at best...

i dont think Hathaway has been given the opportunity to show off her acting skills....heck, she became famous for a chick flick movie...thats her genre...this is a great opportunity to break out

I'll still stick with shannon...in my dreams lol

There's nothing wrong with Shannyn Sossamon. Going off of past performances alone, she is capable of playing the Selina Kyle portion of the Catwoman character perfectly. She can do shy, meek and weak, as well as someone with a big heart very well. And I'm basing this off her performances in The Rules of Attraction, Devour, Catacombs and her role in Moonlight. Also, she was able to play a bit of a cool calculating type of personality from her performance in Moonlight, but lacks the aggressive playfulness and sexuality that comes with the Catwoman character.

i dont think Hathaway has been given the opportunity to show off her acting skills....heck, she became famous for a chick flick movie...thats her genre...this is a great opportunity to break out

That's your opinion, but she's been given plenty of chances in my book. And she keeps giving the same poor level performance, playing practically the same character. She hasn't done anything to prove herself worthy of the Catwoman role, nothing that really says she has the ability to play that character (in part or in whole). Of course, that's just my opinion based off the films she's been in.

bane.jpg

This was awesome. :lol

Here are some pics for the hay of it. None of them are mine, but present some options for Hathacat.
c4.jpg
i'm pretty sure that's marion cotillard. it's a great manip, though!

someone said that the WB press release didn't mention catwoman by name, only selina kyle. i'm pretty sure that's how it was for harvey dent in TDK... no mention of two face in the credits or imdb.

i can see the character being one of the copyCAT vigilantes from TDK... they already wear black and have little pointy ears on their masks. maybe she's a cat burglar on the side, stealing from mafia run businesses to fund her vigilante lifestyle. who knows...

i can see the character being one of the copyCAT vigilantes from TDK... they already wear black and have little pointy ears on their masks. maybe she's a cat burglar on the side, stealing from mafia run businesses to fund her vigilante lifestyle. who knows...

Actually, I always pictured that if there was going to be a Catwoman in the Nolan version of things, that they should consider her being an heiress opposite to Bruce Wayne's millionaire/billionaire status. One of the things I remember from the last comic I read with Catwoman was that she had a day job as Selina Kyle and she did the burglarizing out of vanity (or in some cases, out of thrill and fun of risking ones life and freedom). I could very well be wrong and need to brush up on my comics again.

Schwarzenegger (sp?) at his height of body building fame wouldn't have matched how they draw Bane in the comics. It's not physically possible for a human being to get THAT amount of muscle bulk onto their frame.

Jeez, if the guy can act and the role is written well, I'll forgive it if he's not 8 feet tall and doesn't have biceps 3 feet around!

While I agree that Bane is beyond overdone (and not taking anything away from Arnold), there are plenty of bodybuilders around who have superhuman muscle packed onto their frames. Even ones that would make Arnold look small in his heyday.

Dorian Yates comes to mind:

542e8-Dorian_Yates_Posters_4.jpg

Question is finding one who can act.

Tom Hardy? Really? Tom hardy? :confused

Kevin

I can totally understand why you guys are questioning Nolan's choices; I mean, he's a hack. Totally. Every film is a stinker. Why'd they even give him the job?

I can totally understand why you guys are questioning Nolan's choices; I mean, he's a hack. Totally. Every film is a stinker. Why'd they even give him the job?

I actually liked both "Memento" and "Insomnia." And the only redeeming thing about "The Dark Knight" was Ledger's performance. "Inception" however, was the most boring film out of all five I've seen by Nolan.

Ledger was the only redeeming "thing" in The Dark Knight?

I'd call you crazy, but I think "ignorant" would be more apt.

I suggest you hunt out Nicky's analysis of that show.

Ledger was the only redeeming "thing" in The Dark Knight?

I'd call you crazy, but I think "ignorant" would be more apt.

I suggest you hunt out Nicky's analysis of that show.

Let's see.... How many people do you see dressed up as Batman from TDK at a convention? Or how about YouTube impersonations of TDK Batman?

Now... Compare that to the numbers of people who dressed up as Joker from TDK at a convention and YouTube Impersonations of TDK Joker.

No?

How about, comparing the number of people who make TDK Joker Costumes on The RPF (of either him at the beginning of the film or at during the rest of the film), be it asking questions how to make them or costumes made, and compare it to the amount of users who make Batman from TDK costumes.

Or, if you really want to go for it: Do you notice how there's no "Best Actor" nomination for Christian Bale for his portrayal of Bruce Wayne/Batman in TDK, yet there is an Oscar Win for "Best Supporting Actor" for Ledger and his Joker?

Am I ignorant now? Or maybe I'm actually onto something. Think about that.

From having followed the Batman comics years ago, I think the thing that bugs me about Nolan's Bat-Verse is just how different it is.

Yes, I understand it needs to be different, and yes, I understand there are many interpretations of Batman etc etc. Yes, I understand my opinion is wrong and everyone else is always right.

My main problem with the last one was that Heath Ledger was playing his role, but he wasn't playing the Joker. I also hate the bat suit. I like the blue & grey.

My main problem with the last one was that Heath Ledger was playing his role, but he wasn't playing the Joker.

How do you really know? I mean, the Joker has changed so many times in the various forums of media, especially the comics, you can't tell which way is up with him. Even the Joker himself stated about how chaotic he was in "The Killing Joke," going to show that no matter what we see of the Joker, there is no true definition of who the Joker is in the comics or who he was before he became the Clown Prince of Crime. All Jokers in the comics, games and even the movies are all variations of a core principle. Or, in better words, "The Joker's always wild." All Ledger has done was bring another variation of the Joker into play.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back