Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises"

Counting down til someone Photoshops a Bane mask on one of the Bronson stills, in 3...

bane.jpg

I think Bane is just going to be a big, strong, violent mob boss. I think the inflating muscle Venom drug is going to be gone from the film completely. Apparently even in the comics the character hasn't used the Venom drug in a long while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_(comics)

I could maybe see a slight steroids reference dropped in for the fans but not how most media writers make it Bane's main character focus. Every cartoon, movie or game loves making the Venom juice his main "thing" and usually his undoing at the end of the story. Real predictable and cheesy stuff.

It's like Nolan getting rid of the whole lazarus pit stuff from Ra's al Ghul character. He was just a leader of an ancient order of bad guys.

Also, drug use as a defining characteristic of a villain just seems so 80's/90's in nature. Bane's drug angle also smacked of "Just Say No" too much and made him feel like a Captain Planet villain instead of a neurotic Batman villain.

I still think the most important part of Bane character is that he's Batman big, violent, muscley, tough-guy villain. The Batman Heavyweight. Thats his defining characteristic and why I think Nolan picked him for his final Batman tale.

How he works in the mask stuff will be interesting though. That part is hard to make sense of.

Nick

Last edited:
What's with all the awards talk? Do we need someone who's won awards? Fine! We'll go back to Halle Berry. No? Okay then... Meryl Streep. Well Katharine Hepburn's dead, so I'm at a loss.

There're lots of crazy people in the world. I don't like chocolate, and I don't much care for ice cream, either, so I understand how you must feel.

You think that's bad. I don't like Megan Fox or Scarlett Johansson either. And for some reason, when I explained that to my classmates, most of the guys said, "Are you insane? They're hot!"

I would love to see Shannyn Sossamon as Catwoman...meeooooooow

Um.... I'm a little iffy on that idea. I've see her performance in The Rules of Attraction, thought she did a good job. She's cute enough for Selina Kyle, but sexy for Catwoman? I don't know.

Picky maybe but seriously he said Cote De Pablo and she is a bland version of Christina Ricci

Not really. After seeing her performance on NCIS, she not only matches the physical requirements for the role, but she can pull off cold and calculating (which would be a need for a burglar, which Catwoman is) and also has an argressive playfulness in which Catwoman normally has with Batman. And this is just from what I've seen on NCIS alone. She basically has the performance capability that meets the personality type that is Catwoman.

I can do analysis for the other choices I've made mention of and for some that people suggested, too.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back