Vigo the Carpatian

I have a open space on my wall just begging for a large print of this. Can’t wait to see how your test run turns out.

I just got back from the printer, and I'm in shock staring at this thing . . .it's mind boggiling!

It's 5x8, and it tokk myself anf the printer about two hours to get one sized, filter, and printed.

I'm back at work now, and will get home at 6ish . .and will immediatly post pics.

This is going to be fun . . .

Here is my cleaned up version
vigo.jpg

Last edited:
Oooo, that looks great!!!!!
I can't beleive after all this time we're finally able to get this thing on our walls!!
I'm pratically peeing in my chair!!!

I can't wait to mount it!!!!

uh . . I mean tag it!!

You know . . .to the wall . . .

uh . . .um . ..dang . . .:$

Yea, I've got the movie in at work right now (yet one more quick coincidence today on this project!) and I'm guaging the size to be fairly accurate!

That sounds great. If you'd like me to enhance the resolution of your file for you, I'd be happy to. I won't be doing a run of these myself, sounds like you're very happy with your results. :)

I can't wait to mount it!!!!

uh . . I mean tag it!!

You know . . .to the wall . . .

uh . . .um . ..dang . . .:$

Yea, I've got the movie in at work right now (yet one more quick coincidence today on this project!) and I'm guaging the size to be fairly accurate!

PICS!!!!!

I tried just a few moments ago, I I've made a quality check at a poster print store, normal poster format is good quality (not very good or perfect, but quiet good), but bigger than 80cm x 70cm, the quality will become more bad. Also impossible is a printout on canvas or something like this, so with higher resolution, it is possible to print this thing on a bigger size, that would be wonderful.... Please anybody... make it possible... :thumbsup

"You're never gonna get a green card with that attitude, pal!"

Best thread ever. I can't believe I JUST discovered it today! LOL! :lol

Slow on the uptake.....

Impossible you say???. . .I happen to have it printed on canvas!! BWHAHAHAHA!

In all seriousness. . . our karma 'round here must be flawless, cause we got the image, several photoshopped versions, and a printing done in under two days.

C'mon!! That's fast even by RPF paperprop standards!!

What's really funny, is as I was typing away in this thread today, one of our printer buddies from next door was in picking something up.
I asked if they print on canvas, he said no.
After witnessing my child-like 'awwman' face, he mentioned someone he knew in town, and called back over 5 minutes later with the number.

I called the guy, asked how big he could print, and his response was 'about five feet by whatever.'

He also lives about ten minutes away from work . . .needless to say it was a long lunch break!!!

I'm gonna shoot for a 150 dollar price range, but not sure . . .I'm crunching numbers between customers.

More after six-ish.

Ok, at the moment impossible for me... I could print it obn that size, but I dont know exactly how it will look... Yeah, it was fast for the RPF, the TRGI turtles Thread for example got no good results for years now... :)

I want defineatly a print of this picture, but bigger is better...

I try posterjack.de, dont know if they do something different then other printer, but posterjack told me for canvas this picture is too small and the resolution is too low and the auto.-print-order told me its a no-go for canvas in a size like the original or any size like that...

What are the specs needed on the image to get it printed out on canvas, about 8'x 5' or so? Also where could I take it that might print it out for me that way?

I'd rather get it locally.

Egon

Ok, at the moment impossible for me... I could print it obn that size, but I dont know exactly how it will look... Yeah, it was fast for the RPF, the TRGI turtles Thread for example got no good results for years now... :)

I want defineatly a print of this picture, but bigger is better...

I try posterjack.de, dont know if they do something different then other printer, but posterjack told me for canvas this picture is too small and the resolution is too low and the auto.-print-order told me its a no-go for canvas in a size like the original or any size like that...

No clue on that Egon, hte guy kinda 'one-handed-it' asking me "And how'bout now?' like it was an eye exam,

Anyway, without further ado . .big pics from a sunny garage! I'll be taking better pics tonight after sundown. That way we can see what he'll look like in abient lighting.

****better pics added last post . . . .

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back