VCX-100 - The Ghost

Oh that’s awesome! I imagined they would use a lot of Falcon parts to make things easier. I was going to go a bit creative for it. I have a lot of greeblie packs I can draw from to help.
I wasn’t aware the Rogue One model had any close up enough shots to use to ID parts?
This is image i'm referencing. Its just a matter of memorizing the kitbash parts on the Falcon and trying to find them here.

ID_Parts.png

I'm also referencing a fan model someone made of the ship. The artist improvised certain areas but I'm mainly using his renders because its high resolution.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/w81z96

Im also referencing this thread where model makers ID most parts of the Falcon
Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

This site is also a good reference with clear renders and ID parts, but it's mainly for the Falcon.
Falcon A!

Last edited:
CS, the image you cited was actually the passageway looking at the cockpit hatch, not the other end... the lack of 'diagonals' at the bottom of the frame is the tip off.
Cheers!
Robert

This is image i'm referencing. Its just a matter of memorizing the kitbash parts on the Falcon and trying to find them here.

View attachment 1719550

I'm also referencing a fan model someone made of the ship. The artist improvised certain areas but I'm mainly using his renders because its high resolution.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/w81z96

Im also referencing this thread where model makers ID most parts of the Falcon
Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

This site is also a good reference with clear renders and ID parts, but it's mainly for the Falcon.
Falcon A!
I have been using Ole's work as reference for mine. I definitely want to incorporate Falcon parts into my design, but it dont want to make a mirror copy og Ole's work. Those Falcon references will definitely help!
I have been building a digital library of kitbash parts from various sources, here's what I have so far;
Kitbash Parts.jpeg

I am designing more of my own too, and it would be good to incorporate some of the more popular Star Wars parts.

Thank you for the reference material! It will definitely help with my detailing work.

CS, the image you cited was actually the passageway looking at the cockpit hatch, not the other end... the lack of 'diagonals' at the bottom of the frame is the tip off.
Cheers!
Robert
Thanks Robert, glad you pointed that one out or I'd have done the corridor backwards! You definitely know the Ghost! I think that short section of corridor would be enough to add behind the cockpit door to sow depth into the ship, and should sit nicely on top of the cargo processing area below.

I have been using Ole's work as reference for mine. I definitely want to incorporate Falcon parts into my design, but it dont want to make a mirror copy og Ole's work. Those Falcon references will definitely help!
I have been building a digital library of kitbash parts from various sources, here's what I have so far;
View attachment 1719812
I am designing more of my own too, and it would be good to incorporate some of the more popular Star Wars parts.

Thank you for the reference material! It will definitely help with my detailing work.

Thanks Robert, glad you pointed that one out or I'd have done the corridor backwards! You definitely know the Ghost! I think that short section of corridor would be enough to add behind the cockpit door to sow depth into the ship, and should sit nicely on top of the cargo processing area below.
That's awesome! Definitely recognize some parts from the Falcon. I'll see if I can upload a file of the parts used for the modelers here

That's awesome! Definitely recognize some parts from the Falcon. I'll see if I can upload a file of the parts used for the modelers here

Ooh, is there a digital file of parts avaliable? I would love to add them to my library!

I am still working on the Ghost, I had to finish up a commission and now I can carry on with the cockpit. Once that is done, there is a bit of detail in the upper turret and then I can crack on with the exterior detail!

Ooh, is there a digital file of parts avaliable? I would love to add them to my library!

I am still working on the Ghost, I had to finish up a commission and now I can carry on with the cockpit. Once that is done, there is a bit of detail in the upper turret and then I can crack on with the exterior detail!
I'm currently modeling them by referencing the flatbed model kit images from this thread, and many other threads that have already sourced which model kit the parts are from

That is awesome! Will you be making them available somewhere? I would love to get a decent library of kit parts for digital kitbashing.
They'll be available soon! I'll probably start a google drive where I'll upload parts when i'm finished with them, etc. I am working in Maya so they will probably be exported out as .FBX

They'll be available soon! I'll probably start a google drive where I'll upload parts when i'm finished with them, etc. I am working in Maya so they will probably be exported out as .FBX
That is awesome! Do you think you’d be able to do a .obj version as well please? I’m not sure Fusion 360 can import .fbx

Haha, typical I start working on one and then one gets released :lol:
This one is very toy like though and definitely not a high fidelity model.
I'm sort of mixed on this version. There is definitely more detail compared to the Rogue One model but not as accurate if you want to compare it to the one in Rebels! I wouldn't even call this an updated version, unless this is what we see in The Rise of Skywalker

I'm sort of mixed on this version. There is definitely more detail compared to the Rogue One model but not as accurate if you want to compare it to the one in Rebels! I wouldn't even call this an updated version, unless this is what we see in The Rise of Skywalker
I guess they’ve based it on the Rogue One cgi model, but the dimensions are all wrong and things like the front turret and shuttle section are oversized. The engines are really too big. I don’t judge though as it’s a toy. It’s pretty good for what it is.

Sorry for the delays in updates, I had to get a commission finished and everything became busy!

I have done some small updates so far. I have the cockpit space blocked out, added pedals to the nose gun seat as I felt it needed them, and added some details to the canopy frames based on the new Hasbro shots.
I hope you all like them. I'm working on the cockpit interior, fingers crossed I'll have more for you soon!

Nose Gun Update.png

Nose Gun Update 2.png

You are doing great. That HazLab Ghost sure looks cool but its way big love to add it to my collection just too much going on in me shop. Looking Good

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back