USS Enterprise (2009) (Revell) review and build

Thanks Langy!

For the Bussards, I used two TOP-LINE MINI SERVO ES-05. I removed the control electronics and soldered the electro motors directly to 5V input voltage. One also has to remove a small stopping pin inside the housing which limits the angle of the servo lever.
Then I glued pieces of a cannula into the hole of the sprocket as an axis for the Bussard rotor. That's all.

Thorsten

Some progress:

The base is glued together and puttied:
View attachment 228769View attachment 228770

The bussard collectors are nearly finished, I just need to paint the details on the domes. Here are two pictures of the layout:
View attachment 228771View attachment 228772
The light is provided by two white LEDs on each nacelle. They illuminate a light box in front of the motor housing.

Here is a short video clip to show it in action (sorry for the bad quality, I don't have a video camera.):
Bussard_collector_test_20130907.mp4 Video by Herr_Bpunkt | Photobucket

The blades don't rotate so fast as it looks in the video, I really like the speed.
Yes, the sound of the gears is awful. But noone can hear it in space ;)

Cheers
Thorsten

But were not in space, I thought someone was hoovering in the background.
;)

Sorry, not yet. I've installed all the remaining windows but I'm still experimenting with the lights in the secondary hull. Busy with work, too. And that $*!& part didn't arrive yet... so no end in sight here. I'll send another email to Revell's customer service tomorrow.

no worries fella,
i'm bursting to start on mine, but just scoping how an expert does his for tips and hints...

Hopefully soon. I was busy finding a position the last weeks, but yes, I got a bit done. Just no pictures yet.
The replacement parts arrived last week, but one of them had the same flaw as the original one :-/

Any news? I'm currently in the R+D stage of making this model, I've bought the set but that is literally all I have so far, not even tools.it's going to be my first and I don't want to mess it up, is there something small someone would suggest making to get me used to model making? Can't wait to start on this one. I am a complete clean slate/noob! Very good suggestions on this thread. Also been following trekworks videos on the model which turned out beautiful.

Lol, im exactly the same i saw one all lit up and thought damn im gonna build that, so i bought the model and now researching air brushes, and lighting kits.

Do you have any update on your progress? I've just bought this for my first kit and love how you've built and put her so far.

Andy

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back