Upcoming Diamond Select Trek Tek?

id like to see TOS items like.....
- universal translator
- phaser mortor - from arena
- bones medical kit ( hypo, ect ) that he carries on landing party duties
- cage phaser
- romulan disrupter
- adams guitar from eden episode

They are very close...way better than the Playmates toys. Almost on par with the previous generation of fanmade replicas, before some parties got access to originals. (In a toy way, of course...plastic, screw holes, copyright info, etc). Upgraded, they make pretty good prop replicas. As-is, not that much, but FABULOUS toys. Being scaled properly, that's more than half the battle.

The JJ Abrams Trek is not covered under their Trek license. It keeps coming up in their Q&A when people ask about it.

Which is a blessing, as I'm not really interested in the JJ'verse stuff. I do have the Playmates JJ'verse Phaser and Communicator, but only for the sake of completing my Phaser and Communicator collection. Plus, I got them both for a total of 15 bucks at work, so... :)

I'm hoping for some STIII props, like the Phaser, Communicator and Tricorder. They have never been offered, other than a few high end versions of the Comm and Phaser which are no longer available. I would also like to see the STV versions of the Comm and Tricorder and since they are close in design to the STIII versions, if they do one they should be able to do both.

Last edited:
i have been looking at the pics of the JJ klingon helmets, they look VERY VERY "predator esque " to me

Yeah I thought the same thing when I saw them in the deleted scenes from the first movie. This isn't the first time Klingons wore helmets, in the Paramount Studios Star Trek Experience, they used them to cut down on makeup. I think helmets are mentioned in a few Trek novels as well.

I"m surprised that the Kruge disruptor was offered. I snatched up a few to modify with metal tubes and possibly a rifle stock. It would have been nice to had a stock add-on option (special pre-order release or something) and it would have been easy with it molded to the top or the battery compartment cap (if you have one you know what I mean).

But I would love to see an affordable TOS disruptor as well. Oh, what would be a hoot is if DS put together a Federation and Klingon "exploration set" consisting of phaser, tricorder, and communicator. While we never saw a Klingon tricorder in the TV series, they could use the ST3 versions.

Last edited:
i would like to see more phaser of JJ Abrams star trek
playmates are rares now

QMX has the license for the JJ'verse Phasers. The Playmates Communicator can be found on eBay for cheap; I paid less than 15 bucks for mine brand new and still in the package.

QMX has the license for the JJ'verse Phasers. The Playmates Communicator can be found on eBay for cheap; I paid less than 15 bucks for mine brand new and still in the package.

i am talking about the JJ playmates phaser, now rare and expensive
i own it by the way and i think it's accurate and good quality overall. was also cheap.

There's another thread on here stating that Diamond Select is releasing a Star Trek II Phaser.
When it's being released is a whole other story. Maybe by the end of this year or early next. Who knows?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back