Two retro games to check out: Duck Tales Remasters and Double Dragon Neon

Wes R

Legendary Member
I just picked them both up on my ps3. Duck Tales looks absolutely amazing though the pogo stick controls are as annoying as they were in the 80s. They got the original cast together though i can't help of think of the Time Machine when i here Scrooge talk. They all sound pretty good for not being together since the early 90s on the show. They've added a lot of stuff to the levels including using the cash you gather to unlock art and music. You can even go diving in the money vault and swim now.

Double Dragon Neon i was a bit unsure of but for the price it's a neat reboot. It's full of references to the 80s (which it seems to be set in still) and games/cartoons with a villain who sounds like Skeletor. It's a challenging game with some funny dialogue and an 80s style action movie soundtrack that makes you think it's 1984 again. I think you get more banter and scenes when you have 2 players though as you can even highfive them. Every level you beat ends with one of the brothers playing air guitar and you learn movies via cassette tapes of music. It's a very tongue in cheek game and it's surprisingly difficult mixing in some contra style platform moves and such. I laughed out loud when you get to the map screen and your character icon is the original NES sprite.

Double Dragon Neon Official Soundtrack Music: City Streets 2 (Mango Tango - Neon Jungle) - YouTube An example of the music. they're nearly all on youtube i think.

The composer has the entire soundtrack out for free. you can donate a bit if you want.
http://doubledragonneon.com/music.php

listen to the opening riff of this song and tell me it doesn't sound like the old mtv sign on with the astronaut in the early 80s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmZmB_TAsBc

Last edited:
double Dragon neon made me wants to break My ps3 in anger. They ruined one of my favorite games with this BS of a game. Terrible in everything from fighting moves to story line. shocked it didnt trip my vertigo with all that crazy colors n lights. Glad you liked it, but it was a massive failure among the fans. Ok ok the music was fun tho.

Remake in progress right now is Muntant League Football..Release the troll! Only down side is that will be only pc & Failbox at 1st.

I'm amazed they didn't keep the mutant league franchise going all these years. They were the only sports games i could put up with lol.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back