Toys used as props.

At about 5:50 into this clip is a crossman pellet gun being destroyed. DeStrOYer88 5/9 - YouTube

It was an extremely low budget 80's shocker with Lyle Alzado and Tony Perkins. I used to have the exact same pellet gun.

Art Asylum TOS Phasers used on DS9 for the episode Trials and Tribbulations. Not sure on the communicators.
That episode was aired in 1996, so that´s about ten years before the AA phaser was released.
The AA phaser was used in the Enterperise episode " In a Mirror, Darkly"; unmodified. Ypu can clearly see the seam that goes across the toy,, the screw holes and the tab slot on the Phaser 1.
mirror_zpsb10018c7.jpg
NDVD_144_zps791d4d53.png
NDVD_145_zpsbc09f278.png

Last edited:
Would make sense since the "Dragon Buckler" from Japan is the Morpher from the original series in Japan. they most likely used tons of old set pieces and toys in every season and the movie as well. Doesn't`t make the show any less or more than it is/was. I believe they still have some kind of ranger show going kind of like the ugly version of transformers I see commercials for the odd time.

Ah, my bad. Looked back and found out that those "phasers made by HMS For the deep space nine episode Trials and Tribulations". The AA were based on the HMS design from what I remebered.

That episode was aired in 1996, so that´s about ten years before the AA phaser was released.
The AA phaser was used in the Enterperise episode " In a Mirror, Darkly"; unmodified. Ypu can clearly see the seam that goes across the toy,, the screw holes and the tab slot on the Phaser 1.
View attachment 214861
View attachment 214862
View attachment 214863

Would make sense since the "Dragon Buckler" from Japan is the Morpher from the original series in Japan. they most likely used tons of old set pieces and toys in every season and the movie as well. Doesn't`t make the show any less or more than it is/was. I believe they still have some kind of ranger show going kind of like the ugly version of transformers I see commercials for the odd time.

The overall series never ended, they've been going strong for 20 years. but it's a new group of rangers every year, and most recently, every 2 years. Using up footage from 2 sentai series with the same cast. The one for next year is pirate themed.

These have been covered many times before, but...

Goldeneye used a Tiger handheld game as a door decoder, and a PC Commander joystick as a remote mine.

BTTF2 had Radio Shack Archer Space Patrol walkie talkies.

The only show-accurate items that were used in the movie were the 2 plates that make up the front of the morpher. They made a master copy of the plates permanently attached to the docking cradle, and cast that in resin for each Ranger. No other aspect of the props or set pieces came from the show, unless somebody can analyze the briefly seen Saba prop.

For a major battle sequence in one of the seasons of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, the visual effects crew bought multiple copies of the Klingon and Romulan vessals from the Playmates TNG line.

For Dark Star, a modified Major Matt Mason action figure was used as a miniature for effects shots of the crew in EVA. The previously mentioned M-16 Toy in The Green Berets was also used, heavily modified of course, for the role of the laser unit. The space helmets used were part of Ideal Toys' "S.T.A.R. Team" toy line produced from 1968 to 1971. The talking bombs were made out of plastic model kits for cars and trucks. The elevator controls was a pop-up toy calculator.

Cloak and Dagger used an Atari 5200 cartridge as an important prop.

Several Super Soakers were used as alien blasters and other misc. tools in Farscape.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back