Top Gear Challenge Cars

kruleworld

I've been building some of the cars from Top Gear (UK). particularly their Cheap Car Challenges, which are usually somewhat unique and interesting. All are 1/25 unless specified. I'm trying to build the entire set of each car driven by James May, Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson.

Eco Car Challenge: Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust (aka Geoff)
This is mostly scratchbuilt body on a Fiat Uno Chassis.

Limo Challenge: Jeremy's Fiat Panda Stretch Limo
I built this from two Fiat Panda diecast cars that i cut up and built the center section out of styrene

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo Challenge
May's GTV is a tamiya kit and built straight from the box. Hammond had a Spyder that i back dated to the chrome bumper version, repainted chrome and added resin copy wheels. Jeremy ruined an Alfa 75. i found a diecast kit and repainted it british horrible green.

Police Car Challenge
Hammond's "Officer Barbie" Suzuki was modified from hardtop to converible and i added all the police accessories. it was a Fujimi kit with home printed decals. I haven't been able to get a Fiat Coupe in 1/25 scale, so i might have to build my own. (i got a 1/43 scale tho)

James May's Lexus 400 had custom decals printed by 'Pattos Place' (he still has them for sale)

Last edited:
Africa Challenge
I've only done Clarkson's Lancia Beta, which i made mostly from scratch. May drive's a Mercedes230E and Hammond an Opel Kadett. I've bought a 230E, but i don't particularly want to ruin it.

USA Southern Roadtrip
May's Caddilac, Hammond's Dodge Pickup and Clarkson's Camaro. i'm nearly finished the Dodge Ram and haven't started the Camaro.

Last edited:
Amphibious Vehicle Challenge
May's Sailboat Triumph Herald
My most recently completed project is this 1/32 Airfix Herald that i added the sail and rigging.

What a great idea, I love that show! Hammond's boat-van would be a great addition. And is that a female figure you're using for Hammond? I'm sure he'd be thrilled about that, lol.

This is probably the only set of cars I would ever like to own....Dont forget the Robin reliant space shuttle..keep them coming.....Just another thought are you going to do those Siamese racing cars in which Top Gear UK beat Top Gear....um OZ ;-)

WOW. That is seven flavors of awesome. Great work and great idea for a collection!

And yes, multiple Robin Reliants (shuttle version and Clarksons with the 2 extra front wheels to prevent tipping) are also necessary.

Last edited:
This is brilliant! I love the idea! and there are so many good cars to build too.

I kept looking through your pictures and saying "Great! He got that one too!" The stretch Panda, Geoff, James May's sailing car… You ought to be able to find a couple pickup trucks in your scale so you can do Jeremy's out-board boat and of course the indestructible HiLux!
I'd love to see James May's Alfaab (the Alfa Romeo/Saab push-me pull-you) and Hammond's stretch Miata too.

Wow! Great idea!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back