Too blue, or not too Blue? My Tie Intercepter update on page 2

Re: Too blue, or not too Blue? My Tie Intercepter & its 8 colors later!!!

I'm having massive trouble They keep coming out massive & its doing my head in. I have to leeve then for now as I'm getting pressure to hoover & dust the living room....AHHHHHHHH sorry if there too big I'll amend when I can, sorry sorry sorry

No worries Guy, get to the hoover buddy, playtime over hehe, look forward to seeing her though!

lee

Guy...wow, thats wonderful work, as for the paint difference, i cant pick it up on my screen, stunning and the blue is spot on to my eye!
The outdoors pics really show off the weather job well, very archive and dirty, almost looks real world.
You have done a super job bud, cant wait to see your PD now, mailed you on the mounting issue too bud!

lee

Holy ****,Man paint and weathering look killer.I think I'm going to paint and weather mine how the model looks now also.I like my props with the aged,used look,like my beatup stormtrooper armor.Again great job I love it.

Dave

I like the Koolshade Guy, its a nice touch, im sure the prop just has a hole there to access the machined mounting point at the moment....i think LOL.

lee

Sorry mate forgot to tell you, its all Tamiya, mostly medium blue/ medium grey, with some white & a lighter blue & a mist of dark green & if I remember right there was some dark green in the base coat as well? some flat black & german grey shading between base coats & the weathering is a mix of grey & light brown pastel with black pastel in the mix in places. The Wing panels are flat black with a coat of clear satin by Games workshop.

Oh I used deck tan in there as well as its a superstition of mine now, but you could prob leave that out? If I did it again I'd of used a little less of the medium blue 45/65 with the grey.

Last edited:
Guy, I was just praising the koolshade on your Interceptor this afternoon!!! Love that detail. I don't care if it's screen accurate if it's interesting to look at. :)

Dave

I just got an order of panavise stuff from ebay.com seller phantomdiscounters, I got part number 326-06 for my AT-ST but it worked out perfect for the Tie int. just open the mount hole a tiny amount & it fits like a glove. A very easy & cheap mount for any Tie Int. I'll add a pic later.

Guy,

Now that gets my heart pumping! Fianlly getting to a place where i can read some of these great posts! Great job and way to nail the Interceptor! Thats the way the kit is suppose to look.

On the AT-ST Please send me a picture of the parts of the ATST that warped. I now cast steel rods into the castings so they will never warp or bend in any natural posed condition. Send me your address as well and I'll ship you a free replacement set.

Steve

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back