Tombstone Val Kilmer / Doc Holliday Costume

Doc Holliday’s Duster Update 5-4-24

Pockets and pocket locations is making Elaine see double and she doesn’t even drink……

The duster is really coming together quite nicely, but it’s time for Elaine to take a couple of days off, as she has really been putting in the hours on this duster. Elaine will jump back on this project starting Monday, so in the meantime I will go over some things about the duster to show you what has been taking place.

As I have mentioned before, this duster is being made off of photos, as I still haven’t been invited to Val Kilmer’s house to check out his collection of the Tombstone wardrobe. Making garments from photos is a very tricky task, as you have to deal with optical illusions caused by the camera. This is where Elaine and myself kept having issues with the pockets on the duster. You see, the pockets run on angles which makes it very hard to see there actual size and location, but at the end of the day and after having Elaine make several different pockets, I would say we are as close as we are ever going to get it, unless Val invites us over to his place

The adjustment belt (or this is what I call it) on the back of the duster and the adjustment tab on the back split have been made. These will be installed on Monday after Elaine’s rest.

On a side note, this duster is taller than my dear friend Elaine, which has caused her some grief man handling this thing. I think she said there is something like 7 to 7 1/2 yards of fabric in this duster, and this is for my size as we both think other dusters will be even larger as this lunger isn’t really that big of a guy (I’m the same size as Val).

In the photo below I am showing a pocket with another pocket flap. You will notice that the pocket has a button on it as this is how the original duster is, but in the movie these bottom pockets were never buttoned close, and the same goes for it when the original duster went to auction (the duster did not sell at the auction). I just wanted to point this out as when the duster gets displayed we will not be buttoning up the two lower pockets, as we want to show it as like the auction photos.

When I talked to Elaine last night, she said that we were both CRAZY for doing this, and I told her she was absolutely positively right There are reasons that this has never been done before and I am a guy that loves a good challenge

1b4b024c-3f76-48a6-a6de-e3f530e0578c.jpeg

LAST SNEAK PHOTOS OF VAL’s/DOC’S DUSTER

Sorry for being late with these photos as I was hoping to have them posted last night, but unfortunately storms wreaked havoc on my internet last night.

So, these will be the last sneak peak photos of the duster, as the next time you see it will be when it is completely finished and in my studio.

Remember, this is obviously an unfinished garment, but I think you all can picture in your head how this bad boy is going to turn out

Makes you kind of wish you would have bought one of those scarves doesn’t?

IMG_6927.jpeg
IMG_6930.jpeg
IMG_6931.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back