Tombstone Val Kilmer / Doc Holliday Costume

I'd like to get the tie or item Wyatt has in the OK fight scene (hoping to match as many of the available posters as possible) and what he wears in the pic of him and doc posing next to the fence. It might be the same item in both but if not would like both.
Hey Buddy, we haven't gotten around to making that tie yet, but if you want a really nice stand in tie I suggest you order this one on eBay ..............

I have this very same tie and it is pretty nice :cool:

Where in the hell does time go????

For me it disappears in research. For instance, Doc’s scarf. I have searched high and low for this scarf for about 4 years, and yes, it is a scarf and not a wild rag/bandana. Since I never could find the scarf, I decided to look for the fabric. Now one would think finding a black and white polka dot print would be the easiest thing to find, but I am here to tell you first hand it is NOT!

The reason this fabric is so hard to find is because of this. First the fabric has to have the same print on both sides of the fabric, then the fabric has to have a nice drap/flow to it, and last the dots have to be the same size as the ones in the movie and they have to be in rows (not diagonal).

After years of research, and I mean years boys, I finally found the correct fabric :) This means the first step is finished, now the second step was to make a faux scarf to determine the length and width. The width was pretty easy since I could count the dots on Doc’s original scarf, but the length, that’s where the faux scarf came into play. There is actually a scene in the movie where Val is standing with the scarf hanging open around his neck, and since Val and I are pretty much the same size, I could determine the length by placing the faux scarf around my neck as I was wearing the same pants as Val’s :cool:

In short, the scarf is finally getting made, and I have enclosed a sneak peak of it getting sewn up. There is one more tweak that will be done to the scarf to make it movie accurate, but I will show that on the final reveal ;)
3ba39baa-a82a-4e70-a69d-7c3075e59cdb.jpeg

Doc's Duster Update
Things move really slow when you are trying to recreate something from photos
1f609.png
Not only does that make it a slow process, but customer orders have to be done first before R&D (Research & Development) can start to create these wonderful garments.
This past week we spent a ton of time figuring out the "CORRECT" measurements on the Duster. I say correct as images of the original duster were enlarged so things could be measured out. I could do this because I had a reference point to go by, as I knew the size of a certain object that I could use in my formula. Now here is the real crazy thing, I had always said what I thought the measurements were, and when I measured EVERYTHING out, I was so close that it even shocked me, and that is pretty hard to do...........
1f606.png

"IF" Elaine and I were each paid $1 an hour we have in this duster, the duster would cost around $5000 dollars. Not joking here my Sophisticates, this duster has been total research nightmare. I would hate to figure how many hours I have into just finding a fabric that really closely matches the movie duster. Then there were the buttons for the duster (and there are a lot of them), and then came the actual measurements. All in the meantime Elaine is making a pattern off a duster I sent her, and combining it with an existing pattern she had, because it is a mixture of the two. I just want to go on record and say this duster takes a boat load of fabric, and thank God Elaine has the facility to make this, as this is not just something you are going to whip up in a little sewing room.
When this project is all over, we will have the closest movie duster on the planet (well besides Val's original movie duster). NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, takes more time in trying to get everything done the movie way than we do. There are REALLY GOOD reasons why this stuff has NEVER been reproduced..............
1f609.png

Oh, for those of you who were wondering about the scarf, it is almost done, but I pulled Elaine off of it to do work on the duster. I know, I know, we should just probably do one thing at a time and then move on to the next project, but unfortunately our crazy minds don't work that way.............
1f92d.png
I don't know if I want to debut these two items at the same time (since they both go together) or if I will do the scarf first? I guess we will all just to wait and see how my mind wants to play this out.............
1f604.png

IMG_E5478.JPG

Doc's Duster Update
Things move really slow when you are trying to recreate something from photos View attachment 1810302 Not only does that make it a slow process, but customer orders have to be done first before R&D (Research & Development) can start to create these wonderful garments.
This past week we spent a ton of time figuring out the "CORRECT" measurements on the Duster. I say correct as images of the original duster were enlarged so things could be measured out. I could do this because I had a reference point to go by, as I knew the size of a certain object that I could use in my formula. Now here is the real crazy thing, I had always said what I thought the measurements were, and when I measured EVERYTHING out, I was so close that it even shocked me, and that is pretty hard to do........... View attachment 1810303

"IF" Elaine and I were each paid $1 an hour we have in this duster, the duster would cost around $5000 dollars. Not joking here my Sophisticates, this duster has been total research nightmare. I would hate to figure how many hours I have into just finding a fabric that really closely matches the movie duster. Then there were the buttons for the duster (and there are a lot of them), and then came the actual measurements. All in the meantime Elaine is making a pattern off a duster I sent her, and combining it with an existing pattern she had, because it is a mixture of the two. I just want to go on record and say this duster takes a boat load of fabric, and thank God Elaine has the facility to make this, as this is not just something you are going to whip up in a little sewing room.
When this project is all over, we will have the closest movie duster on the planet (well besides Val's original movie duster). NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, takes more time in trying to get everything done the movie way than we do. There are REALLY GOOD reasons why this stuff has NEVER been reproduced.............. View attachment 1810304

Oh, for those of you who were wondering about the scarf, it is almost done, but I pulled Elaine off of it to do work on the duster. I know, I know, we should just probably do one thing at a time and then move on to the next project, but unfortunately our crazy minds don't work that way............. View attachment 1810305 I don't know if I want to debut these two items at the same time (since they both go together) or if I will do the scarf first? I guess we will all just to wait and see how my mind wants to play this out............. View attachment 1810306

View attachment 1810301
So this is that awkward moment where I have to ask.... is this you? If so, this a goosebumps moment.

So my timer on my post says it was one minute ago but my adhd is sitting here brewing up to a good boil. Did I ask when he posted Val and now I am being a dweeb waiting fir you to post your comp pics or did you actually rock it that well that I can't tell comparing it "right now" to online movie clips and I am still going to simmer until you confirm or deny.

I’m sorry for keeping you in suspense my friend, as after I posted this I watched a movie (western of course). I guess you are just going to have to haunt me buddy, as that picture is of Val :lol:
I was so stoked. I was like wow, but its blurry so maybe it is val but maybe.... So ya, you are on my haunt list but luckily I got distracted so I failed to wait long enough to die from it.

Doc's Scarf Update 4-19-24

Figured I would let everyone know what is taking place with the infamous Vendetta Ride scarf as it has been a minute or two since I last talked about it.

Elaine sent me a photo if the scarf last night, and after examining it for a couple of hours (because that is what I do) I called Elaine to say something just wasn't sitting right with me about the look of it. It turns out when I gave Elaine the measurements for the scarf, she talked me out of the width measurements saying it was too small. Now I do NOT make garments for a living, so I said OK let's get this figured out, so we came up with a measurement that we thought would work. Guess what, it didn't.............. LOL Well to be honest with you, it did look really good, but I'm not aiming for really good around here. At the end of our conversation Elaine saw what I originally saw, and that is the scarf really isn't that wide, and now it is going back to what I originally said it was.

Elaine is going to make the adjustment today and if everything goes as planned, we will be showing the finished project TONIGHT!

The good Lord above knows we have had some issues this week with trying to get the scarf done. First off TAXES was a BIG delay, then Elaine wasn't getting emails except for those damn SPAM emails, and lastly her sewing machine was knotting up every time she stated sewing and then it would run fine. Like I said, things that can really delay a product from getting made.

So why do I keep calling this garment a Scarf and not a Wild Rag or Bandana? The answer is because it is a Scarf and not a Wild Rag or Bandana............. A Wild Rag or Bandana is either a Large Square or Triangulated piece of fabric which is tied around one's neck, but a Scarf is a rectangle piece of fabric that can be wrapped or tied around one's neck, and Val's/Doc's is DEFINITELY a Scarf. I will show you how I know this tonight when I reveal the scarf that we have put so much time, effort and money into.

greenmachines, just letting you know that the photo below is NOT me :lol:

IMG_6728.jpeg

Doc's Scarf Update 4-19-24

Figured I would let everyone know what is taking place with the infamous Vendetta Ride scarf as it has been a minute or two since I last talked about it.

Elaine sent me a photo if the scarf last night, and after examining it for a couple of hours (because that is what I do) I called Elaine to say something just wasn't sitting right with me about the look of it. It turns out when I gave Elaine the measurements for the scarf, she talked me out of the width measurements saying it was too small. Now I do NOT make garments for a living, so I said OK let's get this figured out, so we came up with a measurement that we thought would work. Guess what, it didn't.............. LOL Well to be honest with you, it did look really good, but I'm not aiming for really good around here. At the end of our conversation Elaine saw what I originally saw, and that is the scarf really isn't that wide, and now it is going back to what I originally said it was.

Elaine is going to make the adjustment today and if everything goes as planned, we will be showing the finished project TONIGHT!

The good Lord above knows we have had some issues this week with trying to get the scarf done. First off TAXES was a BIG delay, then Elaine wasn't getting emails except for those damn SPAM emails, and lastly her sewing machine was knotting up every time she stated sewing and then it would run fine. Like I said, things that can really delay a product from getting made.

So why do I keep calling this garment a Scarf and not a Wild Rag or Bandana? The answer is because it is a Scarf and not a Wild Rag or Bandana............. A Wild Rag or Bandana is either a Large Square or Triangulated piece of fabric which is tied around one's neck, but a Scarf is a rectangle piece of fabric that can be wrapped or tied around one's neck, and Val's/Doc's is DEFINITELY a Scarf. I will show you how I know this tonight when I reveal the scarf that we have put so much time, effort and money into.

greenmachines, just letting you know that the photo below is NOT me :lol:

View attachment 1811428
See, this is how we keep a brother from freaking out.... but now you got me waiting on this scarf

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back