TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: Iron Man Costume. Tmp. New UPDATE page 52.

Wonderful thread and amazing suit! I looooove armored suits. ^__^ And I totally love your Avatar! Could you post a larger pic of it (if you haven't already) Pwease? ^___^

Love the wheathering you did on the suit. How tall are you with and without the suit? If only I could afford one of these.

i am 6.1 without the suit
with the suit 6.4-6.5 from ground to top helmet.

Just picked up my suit on Saturday, I'm working on some elbow and knee joints in a bendable material all painted in the same red to match the suit,
Also sprayed up some fitted under sports trousers and shirt to the same colour so no black gaps hopefully...

I'll post up pics here as soon as I'm fully fitted later this week!

Tried all the parts on seperately and it looks good. I need to get it ready as I'm at a UK Garrison movie weekend here in the UK this saturday.

Looking forward to seeing the crowd reaction to this one :love

Please take photos when you can. Looking forward to seeing you in it. In fact it reminds me you got some of the new parts.
They were done after the promotion we had in London. ;)

BTW.
Here is a clip of me for the Ironman DVD release in London last month.
PRESS HIGH QUALITY TO WATCH IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ1E200eij4

the eyes.... Well the thing was that we painted the inside of the eye sockets black. Also we made them to deep.
It made the eyes to dark and went against its attention. Also the angle of the eyes and the shape made it so that the eyes did not show that well. Next step is to light the eyes and the feet up. But we wont do that mistake again. Looked good on the helmet but not in photos.

Here are some photos from the promo.
iron-man-invades-london-05-800-75.jpg

iron-man-invades-london-00-800-75.jpg

iron-man-invades-london-01-800-75.jpg

iron-man-invades-london-02-800-75.jpg

iron-man-invades-london-04-800-75.jpg

Last edited:

TMP have you added any kind of fans or cooling system inside the helmet?

I've noticed it's pretty tight in there and there's no real gaps to get any air in although I have a couple of ideas which I'l share once I've sorted it this week.. :cool

Well i dremmeled out the ventilation shaft at the top and put black mesh behind.

I also dremmeled out on the inide of the helmet a slot in the mounth area to get air into it. You should remember to get your self ANTI FOGG.
Can be obtained were they sell scuba gear.

Another drastic meassure is to dremmel away the black areas on the side of the cheeks and but black mesh there as well. Then you got an airy helmet. Its like stormtrooper. Improvise and adapt.

As for fans not yet. But yes it will come.

Send me an email Steve and i forward you my idea for the neckseal.

TMP have you added any kind of fans or cooling system inside the helmet?

I've noticed it's pretty tight in there and there's no real gaps to get any air in although I have a couple of ideas which I'l share once I've sorted it this week.. :cool

Love the picture at the Bar, that's my Fave! Shows the sculpt of the suit off very well!

Well we did not have time to high light and make paint in the small details nor to gloss it up. So you se all the contours of it.

Re: Iron Man Costume. TMP. New photos London page 59

PM sent with my email :cool. I'm working on the neck seal at the moment, my girlfriends sewing velcrow on to a full head cowl so I can attach each section of the neck but still have it loose enough to move and twist. well that's the idea anyway, we'll see once I get it all on :)

Love to know what your doing with it though yourself John.

Cheers

Just had to have a little play with TMP's wonderful Bar Image

ironmanoils4rs3.jpg

Roughneckone:cool

Last edited:

Got mine in the mail right before Halloween. Had to prove I was a US citizen and explain what I intended to do with the "armor" before they would deliver it to me. :love

I've been working on assembling it, making a few adjustments here and there, and adding lights to the chest and hands. It looks fantastic on! :cool

Got mine in the mail right before Halloween. Had to prove I was a US citizen and explain what I intended to do with the "armor" before they would deliver it to me. :love

I've been working on assembling it, making a few adjustments here and there, and adding lights to the chest and hands. It looks fantastic on! :cool

WHAT? :confused Thats unreal. The people at the custom watch to much movie and get to little real life. I bet they thought it could fly and fire its weapons. Why did you have to prove your citizenship? Just know it will not stop bullets nor can it fly from any building so dont try.. :lol

So if you were not ameican you werre not allowed to own a armor like this? :confused

WHAT? :confused Thats unreal. The people at the custom watch to much movie and get to little real life. I bet they thought it could fly and fire its weapons. Why did you have to prove your citizenship? Just know it will not stop bullets nor can it fly from any building so dont try.. :lol

So if you were not american you werre not allowed to own a armor like this? :confused

WHAT!!! IT DOESN'T FLY, STOP BULLETS, OR FIRE IT'S WEAPONS!?!?! :confused

I want my money back!! :lol

I guess customs decided to do a "Random" audit. And this got chosen. I suggest sending them in the future, listed as a "collectible". I had several options to get it clear thru customs via proving my citizenship. I could provide the fist page of my last year tax forms, send a copy of my social security card, etc. Lame!!, and I even have certain Homeland Security Clearances... I'm not sure what I'd been up against if I weren't a US Citizen. Feh!

Hehe... might force us in putting a legal notice inside the armor saying what you cant do with it.

1. The armor is not bullet profe and can will melt if you try to walk trough flames. If dangerouse or lethal activity is tried it may ressult in painfull death.
  2. The armor can not fly and will cause death if you jump from a building trying.
  3. Do not engage in sexual activity, it may cause damage on you and your partner.
  4. Do not try to sit in your armor you might never get up.
  5. Do not engage in any criminal activity with the armor... Your one of very few so they will find you.
  6. Dont comit adultry or try to check up married or engaged chicks in the armor..... The other people having the armor might get blamed and get in pain from a angry hustban.
  7. Always have your GF or whife with you... The chicks dig the armor. Tip wear the ring on the glove or a sticker saying your in a relationship. We can not be responsible for breakups.
Any more legal advice... Please share your thoughts.
:lol

Awesome stuff TMP! Beautiful armor!

What's wrong with the girl to the right. She looks like she is seeing something absolutely disgusting. LOL

iron-man-invades-london-01-800-75.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back