TMP era StarFleet bridge references

lhenderson

Hi All,

I'm starting to research the generic Star Fleet bridge module used in the Star Trek movies from TMP through STVI. I know (or at least have heard) that the Excelsior bridge (NCC-2000, not NX-2000) was just a redress of the Enterprise bridge. If anyone has any authoritative diagrams, dimensions, blueprints and such of the physical bridge set, as well as images of the various displays and control layouts, that information would be greatly appreciated.

I have all of the movies on DVD, so I can get screen shots, but it's sometimes a pain because the actors are in the way!:) Anyway, this is just initial research, I'm not sure where it will take me... although dreams of a full scale bridge have run through my twisted brain...

Thanks.

Excelsior was not a redress, it was a new set. Both times! :)
Most of it was still in storage, though, for use in the Voyager episode.

The Excelsior bridge in ST3 was an original partial set. In ST6 it was the ST5-6 movie Enterprise bridge redressed.

Thanks for the replies. The LCARS database did provide a few references with rough scale markers, so that will do for a starting point. I don't suppose anyone has access to any set plans showing more detailed wall cross-sections and console dimensions?

As to what was or wasn't a new set, Maurice's post agrees with what I've heard.

Thanks again.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back