TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (August 5th)

Still have more work to do on it before texture. This piece just keeps on challenging me.

Getting closer though.

dbca4636.jpg

It's looking good but I think you should have a look at how the biceps and connects between the shoulder and the pecks! Atm it looks wierd!

This is what I was referencing.
I agree it is ackward, but do you still think so compared to the image above from Tom Spina?

Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtle-Movie-Costume-Restoration-Display-4_1.jpg

It's looking good but I think you should have a look at how the biceps and connects between the shoulder and the pecks! Atm it looks wierd!

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (Upper Body Complete)

Well I wrapped up the piece for the night. I may add more neck and extend the waist downward but not tonight. Gonna give the fingers a rest!!!!

Here's some photos for viewing pleasure, hahaa

c3105e10.jpg

515bf474.jpg

feac7dd5.jpg

0f8dc2c7.jpg

As always critiques are welcome! But hurry with them because I'm about to start molding all these pieces!!! HAHAA!

Let me know RPF'ers!!!

Dude, honestly this is one of my favorite threads here. Your work is Awesome, a big contender to the tom spinner designs version. Keep it up bro.

I suppose it does look like the original costume, but I would prolly go for something more like this:
tmntedit.jpg

Just sayin! ;)

mate the turtle is wicked ive tried some clay and just cant get on with it its a real art keep it up turtles rule

At a quick glance, to me it looks like the deltoid needs to come further out from the collar bone( looking at it head on), and should be a little wider. When your wearing this the deltoid will be sitting on top of your shoulder. I feel if you adjusted it the arms would look more natural.

looking good. are you planning on making extras to sell? how big are you? i watch custompropsculptor... for a while. his looked great but he sorta burned a lot of people it seems like. another dude is working one one that looks promising... but I'm 6'2" 220lbs and worry I won't ever fit in to any suit that anyone makes. :(

i'd try and make my own like you're doing but would have NO idea where to start.

maybe one day I'll do my own like you are... start with hands and see how that comes out. any pointers on where to start? how to make hand mold... what to use, etc...

I agree with eightbitinfinit the top muscles seem a bit smaller and further down than in theimage you're referencing.

Scott Eastman posts on DeviantArt and with the movie being put together with the Turtles as aliens I really like seeing the traditional turtle costume being put together.

Love the work you're doing.

At a quick glance, to me it looks like the deltoid needs to come further out from the collar bone( looking at it head on), and should be a little wider. When your wearing this the deltoid will be sitting on top of your shoulder. I feel if you adjusted it the arms would look more natural.

I looked at your suggestion and compared it to the other reference photos and have tweaked the deltoid. Thanks, for taking the time to draw that up. Take a look at the changes!

Dude, honestly this is one of my favorite threads here. Your work is Awesome, a big contender to the tom spinner designs version. Keep it up bro.

Well thanks! It will never be Spina's because its a restoration of an original.

What you casting it out of?

DragonSkin a platinum-silicone by smooth-on. I will probably back it later with foam to give it structural integrity.

mate the turtle is wicked ive tried some clay and just cant get on with it its a real art keep it up turtles rule

It is an art for sure. Other members have clearly shown what is possible with it! Thanks

Well I tried to use your detailed description the best I could. Take a look, I tried to take your suggestions straight to the sculpt. Thank you!

looking good. are you planning on making extras to sell? how big are you? i watch custompropsculptor... for a while. his looked great but he sorta burned a lot of people it seems like. another dude is working one one that looks promising... but I'm 6'2" 220lbs and worry I won't ever fit in to any suit that anyone makes. :(

i'd try and make my own like you're doing but would have NO idea where to start.

maybe one day I'll do my own like you are... start with hands and see how that comes out. any pointers on where to start? how to make hand mold... what to use, etc...

Hey Jacob! Not sure yet on selling, but it would be nice to offer a limited run later. I'm 6ft 190lbs. I have made the costume capable of fitting a little big but I also feel that it could be trimmed for smaller. I posted on your thread to try and give you some starters for your own. If you need any help, I'll sure try!

I agree with eightbitinfinit the top muscles seem a bit smaller and further down than in theimage you're referencing.

Scott Eastman posts on DeviantArt and with the movie being put together with the Turtles as aliens I really like seeing the traditional turtle costume being put together.

Love the work you're doing.

Ya, I agreed as well. See if it looks better with the changes!
THEY ARE NOT ALIENS. Hahaaa!

So with the above suggestions, here is the changed deltoids. Also extended the neck and extended the body.

file.jpg

I also wrapped up the upper legs. Please look'em over!

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-3.jpg

So after I get the thumbs up from those helping this build out with their comments and suggestions I will move forward with molding all these sculpts. (Note: forearm/hands are already molded)

file-5.jpg

My wife is also starting to sculpt! Check out her bird, Hahaa
file-4.jpg

Well let me know what you think, so I can get to molding this mess! Later RPF'ers

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (EVERYTHING but the shell)

Now this is absolutely amazing!

Wonder how much time and money you spend on this. Over here in Germany you pay a hell of a lot money for all the needed materials.

It's looking great, the muscle definition is awesome and it looks like the original costume!

However, if you are going to do more work on it before molding, I would prolly push the shoulder/biceps connection even further up. Something like this:
tmntedit2.jpg

Now this is absolutely amazing!

Wonder how much time and money you spend on this. Over here in Germany you pay a hell of a lot money for all the needed materials.

Thank you! Its been a pretty penny, but has been an enjoyable hobby.

this is so badass. I can't wait to see it all put together! :D

Thank you! Its the excitement of a finished piece that keeps me going!

Great work! I like the changes you made!

Thanks for your help! I truly appreciate it

It's looking great, the muscle definition is awesome and it looks like the original costume!

However, if you are going to do more work on it before molding, I would prolly push the shoulder/biceps connection even further up. Something like this:

Your photoshop skills are impressive! I wish your changes would just happen to the sculpt without me lifting a finger! Once again I will most likely take your advise and apply it to the sculpt. Thank you very much!

Took a break from sculpting, and started the mold for the ......... HEAD!
Below is the photos of the first coat (print coat to pick up the details), few coats later, and some pictures of my new keys (wife found this packaging in a shipment she received. It works great!)

file-6.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-9.jpg

Question for the molders out there.
Are these keys large enough to work properly?

Well progress will be slow this weekend. Taking a weekend get away with the wife. SHE DESERVES IT!

Yes those will work! and you have enough of them. I"m assuming your making a 2 part jacket?

Yes those will work! and you have enough of them. I"m assuming your making a 2 part jacket?

Sweet! Ya 2 part jacket with the split dividing the front and back. A cut seam will be running down the backside of the head to the top of the head. This way if there is a seam it will be covered mostly by the bandana.

Flipped the piece over to coat the underside and add some keys!
file-10.jpg

Won't be long and I will have a pull YEAH!

Haha yeah i know, I wish it was that simple in real life! :)

Nice mold! Can't wait til I get to do that to my endoskull! Do you use any release agent before you apply the silicone?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back