TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (Building Armatures)

coming out good! Still waiting to get mine molded. And..get some eyes lol!

Level??? I didn't have a clue when I started, but that's why this forum is great! Just let the imagination have control!
well, yeah. but sculpting isn't a strong suit of mine. far, far from it lol I'm still fairly new to making in general, but one day I'll grow a pair and give sculpting a go!

Hey, your suit looks great so far. Keep up the good work. I had a question, im not sure if you answered it somewhere in there already, but what material are you using for the mother mold for this project? Thanks, can't wait to see the rest.

Awesome, awesome job so far! The arms look fantastic. Can't wait to see this when done.

This is seriously awesome. Keep up the great work.

Thank you!

Hey, your suit looks great so far. Keep up the good work. I had a question, im not sure if you answered it somewhere in there already, but what material are you using for the mother mold for this project? Thanks, can't wait to see the rest.

Thank you and to answer,

Mother Mold is Rebound 25
Jacket is Plasti Paste
Cast in Dragon Skin

All Smooth-on products.
Awesome, awesome job so far! The arms look fantastic. Can't wait to see this when done.

Thank you!

coming out good! Still waiting to get mine molded. And..get some eyes lol!

Heck ya, you need to get yours molded! It is such an awesome sculpt that you have. I cant wait for the eyes!!!

well, yeah. but sculpting isn't a strong suit of mine. far, far from it lol I'm still fairly new to making in general, but one day I'll grow a pair and give sculpting a go!

Well I will keep an eye out for your work then!

Worked on the other leg tonight! Now my thumbs hurt but they are getting closer to matching! The left looks longer but that is just because the life cast is longer...

3589006b.jpg

6b18dcd8.jpg

Remember, I didn't build this costume.... without Obama I would have nothing! Haaaha Later RPF'ers!

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (Pair of Legs)

WOW! This is an amazing build. Would it be possible for you to make the pieces your casting in Dragon Skin available to the forum as Resin casts? I ask because I have a very specific Turtle themed Custom project I'd love to see come to life in 1:1 scale.

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt

Damn I really like how this is coming out... Nice job so far!!!
Thank you mysterious

WOW! This is an amazing build. Would it be possible for you to make the pieces your casting in Dragon Skin available to the forum as Resin casts? I ask because I have a very specific Turtle themed Custom project I'd love to see come to life in 1:1 scale.
Thank you, I probably could do a resin but probably will not

You should bring out his cheeks more, your version barely has any

I appreciate your honest opinion but which version of the sculpt are you referring to? If you just looked at the first and last pages of the thread like most people will, you probably missed the corrections that other members helped me find. Just not sure if your comment is relevant or not?

Haven't had any progress this past weekend. But my workspace is getting full!

Being able to kinda see what it will look like is exciting, sorry for the bad picture.

IMG_1098.jpg

More more more!!!
I'm working on it! hahaa
Dude this is looking amazing!!! Great work!
Thank you!

Well I have a question for you RPF...

I'm working on the upper body part of the sculpt that includes the chest, back, neck, & biceps.

I originally had the biceps extended straight from the chest. But I thought that when the arms were rested to the side it would distort.

abbe6e31.jpg

So I bought some 45* angle fittings and moved the arms downward.

79bdc086.jpg

But looking at it at the 45* makes me think I should move the arms further downward. Almost to the point of running parallel to the body.

So what should I do?? Keep it at a 45* or move it more towards parallel to the body???

I don't want this piece to look funny once it is cast in rubber.

Please advise

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (Help with Upper Body)

being in the middle angle is probably your best bet for the least distortion as either way you move your arms it has the least amount to distort if you see what i mean, the sculpt won't have to stretch to the extremes.

great work so far mate
I'm not 100% sure as I haven't done anything like this before myself but everytime I've seen a suite being sculpted over a lifecast for an actor they seem to allways have them standing with their arms out infront of them and then slightly out towards the sides
maybe this helps with a more natural look in the creases when the arms are then relaxed ?
again dont take my word for it as I know most of the work would have also been done with foam latex being used but would be well worth doing a little search on the net for lifesize body casts or something to see if their is a trend ?

being in the middle angle is probably your best bet for the least distortion as either way you move your arms it has the least amount to distort if you see what i mean, the sculpt won't have to stretch to the extremes.

great work so far mate
I'm not 100% sure as I haven't done anything like this before myself but everytime I've seen a suite being sculpted over a lifecast for an actor they seem to allways have them standing with their arms out infront of them and then slightly out towards the sides
maybe this helps with a more natural look in the creases when the arms are then relaxed ?
again dont take my word for it as I know most of the work would have also been done with foam latex being used but would be well worth doing a little search on the net for lifesize body casts or something to see if their is a trend ?

Thanks guys for the advise. The current arm position is 45 degrees and slightly forward. I should have another shipment of clay in tomorrow and will go back to work to finish the sculpts. (THAT MAKES 60 POUNDS OF CLAY)

I hope to make this a big weekend on this build. If I finish the sculpts, its time to get busy on the molds!!!

Later RPF'ers

great work so far mate

This was my immediate thought as well, seems natural. Shoulders slightly forward seems right.

Exciting build. I can't wait to see this shell.

Thanks Boneheadideas & coondog45!

Worked several hours on the upper body this weekend. But it is proving to be difficult just because of size. I have lost count on the pounds of clay but its almost there.

Here is a glimpse & its current state.

6adb7879.jpg

GO USA!!! Later RPF

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back