TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

photo copy.JPG

here's the templates for the shin and arm guards plus the shoulder pads (the arm has been revised since this photo just to correct the angles). fabric should be here for the suit today. if the fabric gets here today, i'm hoping to have the shirt and pants done by this weekend.

How did you make that/ What did you make that from?

Well as you know I don't share my secret techniques...
Who am I kidding I just make it up as I go.

I started with a pepakura file from BlackKaos.
After hardening the pep, I added clay instead of all that sanding work.
Then I used some leather chord for the banding.
Then I used puff paint for the texture.

Excuse me for my poor knowledge of molding terminology...
But for the molds I chose to go with a single silicone mold for all 3 pieces of the helmet. The main helmet and the mask will have a 2 part mothermold. The blade portion will have a 3 part mothermold. The blade portion will have 3 cut seams on the inside of the mold to remove the casting with a pour spout also on the inside.

I sure hope this idea works, but if not I thought it was a genius idea anyways.:confused

More to come soon

Damn thats nice. One of the best results from using that pepakura file I have seen. Would you be keen to sell a few kits in the junkyard? I know I'd probably want two.
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

hot diggity damn!!!!! that kit is really well done.

Thank you agliarept!

Damn thats nice. One of the best results from using that pepakura file I have seen. Would you be keen to sell a few kits in the junkyard? I know I'd probably want two.
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Hey bud!
It would be nice to sell a few casts in the junkyard and I planned to do so. But the tri-blades are very difficult to get a good pull from the mold. Took me three tries to get the one above. :(

But even though its a pain in the arse to get a cast out, I will try to sell a few copies! When I open an interest thread I will mark you down for the first 1 or 2!

is the helmet blade mold an open mold or two piece? Cause if its open you might be able to use fiberglass to make the helmet blade instead of a giant chunk of resin....it should be lighter as well. It'll be a bit messy and more time consuming but you'd get better pulls from it. Heck you could even use "RONDO" with fiberglass backing and itd still be lighter than a chunk of resin

It's a close one piece mold with 3 cut seams to demold all originating from the pour opening. I would of just slush casted it but inconsistencies are a problem with that. So I did a solid pull and yes it's heavy but also sturdy. Too bad I don't have a good alternative.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back