The Wolverine

I could never picture anyone else as Wolverine, Jackman just is Wolverine. However I don't really like the villain Silver Samurai, wish they could've come up with something a little more creative. I would've liked to see Apocalypse, or at least someone a little more well known.

Still looking forward to the movie though...

No yellow spandex either :rolleyes

could always do the brown and tan version... :D :D

I also agree that jackman isn't wolverine, in the comic sense. even in the ultimates universe where he is taller, he looks like a younger version of clint eastwood.

UltimateWolverineVSHulk_04_SecondPrinting.jpg

BUT
but but but

jackman has made his OWN wolverine. and hes evolved from the first xmen movie, where he is now this character who a lot of people love. he does a good take on him. the whole cigar smoking, scotch drinking, swearing, womanising logan just isn't jackmans thing apparently. except in first class.

also: talking about the bone claws thing. I've simply gotten over the fact that all the xmen movies don't tie together, theres some things that cross over but the continuity is shot to hell. I mean.. in origins we see a youthful emma frost helping a youthful cyclops escape with a bunch of other young mutants, to be picked up by a walking, bald professor X. this I assume was set in the 70s or thereabouts, probably later. then in first class, we see a mid-30s emma frost, and a prof. X with a full head of hair lose his ability to walk via a gunshot wound to the spine. this was set in the 60's. rogue and iceman are teenagers, and gambit has no bayou accent. the company can't keep continuity between movies at ALL. so it'll be another big budget awesome wolvy movie which hopefully doesn't crush us fanboys with things like meter-long blades coming out of deadpools' arms, and having him with optic blasts that can be controlled even though cyclops can't after decades...

rant over haha

To add to the discussion re: height, etc - well, to me, Wolverine/Logan was always more of the bulky brawler type rather than the cut/ripped type. Obviously, Jackman's done a lot of hard work to achieve and maintain his physique - but, I think it makes him less Wolverine-like.

Agreed. Wolverine should have that bulky Tom Hardy physique-
tom-hardy-27.jpg

and not that, "I've got to watch every calorie to keep my fat percent low"...:rolleyes

The former says you can take a hit from a Mack truck while that ripped look tells me you are probably constantly lightheaded from eating like a bird.

I agree that Hugh Jackman does not physically fit the role. He's just too tall. But look at the pasty dough of his physique in the Pit Fighting scene of XMen #1 and compare it with the rock he's chiseled himself into today. You're gonna tell me be isn't living that role? You want him out because he's too tall? I can't imagine anyone playing that role and acting the part any better. I'd rather see Hugh as Logan than Cruise as Reacher!

Anyone that can physically possess that many muscle striations in their body without even flexing is automatically super hero status for me. Plus he is a Damn good actor.

Wolverine isn't RIPPED in the comics? Are you ****ing kidding me? The guy is nothing BUT ripped. I will agree that he wasn't built for it in X1 during that cage scene but when I saw his face, I knew it was him. The guy was made to play it. Henry Cavill and Bale don't even meet the height requirements so to bash him on that is just plain silly.

Wolverine isn't RIPPED in the comics? Are you ****ing kidding me? The guy is nothing BUT ripped. I will agree that he wasn't built for it in X1 during that cage scene but when I saw his face, I knew it was him. The guy was made to play it. Henry Cavill and Bale don't even meet the height requirements so to bash him on that is just plain silly.
Maybe ripped isn't the right word. In the comics, especially pre-X-films, Wolverine was definitely a more bulky, yet muscled character - not the the slimmer, muscled physique we've gotten.

Cavill and Bale? Well, at the very least they're above average height... and closer to the height their characters play and the camera doesn't make them look like they're shorter than Supes/Bats height. Wolverine's shortness has always been a large part of the character in the books.

tom-hardy-27.jpg

The former says you can take a hit from a Mack truck while that ripped look tells me you are probably constantly lightheaded from eating like a bird.

That's a great quote! Jackman can't build that frame. He's working with an ectomorphic body type, he'd not a mesomorph.

I think the Hulk hits harder than a Mack truck. Ask Emil Blonsky!

All I have to say is, Hugh Jackman's cameo was the only part of the last Xmen movie that I enjoyed. I can't wait to see him reprise the role.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

tom-hardy-27.jpg

and not that, "I've got to watch every calorie to keep my fat percent low"...:rolleyes

might wanna do some research into what he eats before assuming things. to keep that kind of physique, he would be eating high-quality carbs and protein almost constantly; not to mention hes been shown as constantly working out in between takes to keep looking tanked throughout shooting.

eating like a bird indeed.

IN SAYING THAT... I do agree with you on the difference in physique. I've always seen wolverine as a stocky, heavy kinda guy, from having to build a lot of dense muscle having to carry the extra weight of an adamantium skeleton.

Usually actors who are trying to look/be ripped are in a cutting phase which means they are eating in a slight calorie deficient with high protein, moderate fats and low carbs.

Where did everyone see the its after X3 part? I thought it was set after the first Origins: Wolverine but before X1

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back