The Ultimate Marty McFly Jean Jacket Lining Thread

Wow... What is up with the BTTF community? If it's Time Machine builders or Marty costume researchers you guys are all in competition with each other and not sharing the info publicly for the benefit of all. Thank God the Star Wars, Blade Runner, Indiana Jones communities aren't like that. In those groups if someone finds a source, they immediately share it for the benefit of all. In the BTTF groups, rarely does anyone share anything...

Wow... What is up with the BTTF community? If it's Time Machine builders or Marty costume researchers you guys are all in competition with each other and not sharing the info publicly for the benefit of all. Thank God the Star Wars, Blade Runner, Indiana Jones communities aren't like that. In those groups if someone finds a source, they immediately share it for the benefit of all. In the BTTF groups, rarely does anyone share anything...
Not true at all. I have heard of SW members who have sat on info for YEARS before releasing it. Usually to acquire said items before the bidding wars begin. If you haven’t experienced that you’re lucky.

Unfortunately, most of that is due to a member of the community who is banned from the RPF who likes to make up stories and pretend he has knowledge he doesn’t about the wardrobe.

People became protective because releasing any information would make you a target for him to harangue and tell you you’re wrong. (As he’s currently doing to me in a Facebook group)

I like to share what I can, when I can.

When I discovered that Marty’s Jeans were Guess Style 1050s I shared that immediately.

When I discovered that Marty’s undershirt was a Royal Comfort brand shirt, I shared that immediately.

But because London Moore beat me to the punch here and found this before I did (even though we both found it separately) I deferred to him on what he wanted me to say when I went public with my finding.

He asked that I not reveal the brand, which I respected because I respect him.

But since other people have now independently found the source shirt, I’ll say it was a Dolce Vita brand shirt.

If we could shed a single member from the community, more people would share more openly. But most people just don’t want to deal with him getting in his feelings because he’s cranky he doesn’t know something first.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back