The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Apparently these aren’t new, but they’re new to me. Throwing them up here in case they’re helpful at all.
yepp this one graflex got re-used a few times and vader ended up using it. Archives still has it, though it looks nothing like it did in Empire. What doc is this from? You can easily see the upper bolts

yepp this one graflex got re-used a few times and vader ended up using it. Archives still has it, though it looks nothing like it did in Empire. What doc is this from? You can easily see the upper bolts
From this YouTube video by Star Wars Analyst:

2018 Update!
The guide is now live on the front page of wannawanga!

http://wannawanga.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/SW_Lightsaber_Guide.pdf

+++++

Original post:

So if you're anything like me, you forget to bookmark pages, and you frequently have to go searching for information on this saber or that saber. For awhile I've been wishing there was a master thread or site that had all the information the RPF has come up with on lightsabers. Like Parts of Star Wars, but something lightly more updated than a geocites page.

I decided to make my own wish come true. After doing the lightsaber tree I had all the photos and information at hand-- but what that chart lacked was the lore. I put all these things together and decided to make an all-inclusive, cover every OT saber ever guidebook that talks about the props, their history, their individual parts and accompany it all with the highest res bestest photos I could find.

Before I go unleashing it to the world, I have shown it to some of the vets here for input, and now I'm hoping to sort of beta-test it with the rest of the RPF.

See anything that needs correcting? Anything to fight over? Post it!

I hope you all dig it:
Fantastic work :D this is so great.
I will print this as a book.
Thank you for sharing.

Sure, step one needs to be people agreeing on stuff lol

I vote the Obi TPM saber get its own page! But I am somewhat biased on the issue.

We can confidently say that the red button is a aerospace hydraulic port plug, the purple hemi is a standard aluminum aircraft rivet (the purple coating indicates the material) that may have had an “S” stamped on the head, and we can somewhat confidently say the brass knob is a Parker Hydraulic Hose barb or something similar. Also, while not exact the Bulgin DX1093/TR LEDs w/ bezels are very close to what what was used on the hero prop.

I want a dual saber that looks like an Indian punch dagger.

Two blades that come to a point in a “V”
configuration…to catch an enemy’s single blade and twist it out of their hands.

Not sure the best place to ask this question, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a maker of the type of replica I want, i.e. what should I look for on the market.

I thought the DaveP version is what I wanted, but in reading the full description, that is a replica of the prop, i.e. no lights, no FX.

I think, essentially, I want the 7Chambers version, but all the problems in that thread have steered me away. Basically I want the cave/ISYHCANL version, that opens to show the crystal chamber and lights up with a green crystal. I don't care about a blade, and I don't care about sounds, just the light.

Does anyone make that, or do I need to buy a hilt and have is customized by someone else?

Not sure the best place to ask this question, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a maker of the type of replica I want, i.e. what should I look for on the market.

I thought the DaveP version is what I wanted, but in reading the full description, that is a replica of the prop, i.e. no lights, no FX.

I think, essentially, I want the 7Chambers version, but all the problems in that thread have steered me away. Basically I want the cave/ISYHCANL version, that opens to show the crystal chamber and lights up with a green crystal. I don't care about a blade, and I don't care about sounds, just the light.

Does anyone make that, or do I need to buy a hilt and have is customized by someone else?
Are you looking for the most accurate possible? If not, the Shadowfoil Props VeeOne has what you are looking for

Are you looking for the most accurate possible? If not, the Shadowfoil Props VeeOne has what you are looking for

Haha, good question. Is there an option for something more accurate than the Shadowfoil?

I'm not an expert at the details of each, so I'm not sure I'd be able to tell what's accurate or not. I'm still learning about the differences between the versions of the ROTJ hilt, but at the end of the day, I think I'd rather have something that's accurate at the expense of "play features" than the other way around.

I own one of Spirit of ob1's hilts that has the crystal chamber, which as I understand is based on the Shared Stunt hilt, but as I continue to explore the hobby, I realize what I really want is the Hero/Cave build.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back