The Studio Scale Tie Fighter Project

However the head/helmet is not from the Airfix Harrier pilot.
Not sure if the helmet was kitbashed or not however the one i have (2nd gen casting of an original ILM pilot), looks to be hand sculpted.

However the head/helmet is not from the Airfix Harrier pilot.
Not sure if the helmet was kitbashed or not however the one i have (2nd gen casting of an original ILM pilot), looks to be hand sculpted.

I'd always thought the head was from a racing car driver. Could they have used one then cut it up to change the shape?

Dont think so, the original carving and details is pretty rough and seems to be handmade and it's out of shape.
I think they used McQuarrie's concept drawing of the X-Wing pilot and recreate it because it's a 100% match. The guys in Pinewood decided to use an heli helmet as a plug for the prop at some point and ILM did not bother to make another pilot.

ALL FINISHED!!!

It's a bit of a shame after all the work I put into the CG model, but that was, in many ways, an end in it's own. Besides, I might make the files available open source through a Creative Commons license, haven't decided yet.

Just came across this thread, love the work you put into it Dave.

Great work Dave. Amazing CG model. Hve you decided if you will make it available as open source through a Creative Commons license?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back