The Star-Lord/Peter Quill Sling Bag thread

Both those cards look like a hemp weave with embroidered or woven in pattern... Ugh
Screening or printing is going to be our best bet for replication.

I am almost 100% positive after seeing more pictures of those bag swatches that the pattern is silk screened, not embroidered or woven. I say that partly because I had a swatch of that exact fabric that I got when I was looking for something else a couple months ago. I'm going to do my best to get the cards and I'll post ridiculously high res scans of all of the ones I can get.

I realize these are really dark and are probably of little use, but I thought I'd throw these up here anyway:

bag.jpg

bag3.jpg

I realize these are really dark and are probably of little use, but I thought I'd throw these up here anyway:

View attachment 374064

View attachment 374067

You kidding me? Those are awesome. The only shots I've seen so far that show the inside of the bag and where it opens! (I haven't seen the movie since deciding to make the bag).

Plus, photoshop!

inside 1.jpg
inside 2.jpg

I am guessing these came from a... erm, less-than-theatrical quality copy of the movie? I wish there was a good copy to get stills from...

You kidding me? Those are awesome. The only shots I've seen so far that show the inside of the bag and where it opens! (I haven't seen the movie since deciding to make the bag).
Glad to be of service! I just got back form seeing it for the sixth time today and finally thought to get reference for this :lol

I am guessing these came from a... erm, less-than-theatrical quality copy of the movie? I wish there was a good copy to get stills from...
Let's just say my phone has a really bad habit of snapping photos during the movie :lol They're not the best, but they're far better than the version you speak of.

definitely printed in some form.

But I agree that it's not woven.

Kinda what I was saying earlier. ; )

You can also clearly see int he swatch how the paint has filled in the gaps in the weave and that it has a plastic-like sheen. It also clarifies that is a rectangular weave and not diagonal, so my theory about shadows wasn't wrong. The swatches confirm that just about every pattern in the entire range of costumes was screen printed. Nice spotting on the Yondu's dark fabric, Risu. I noticed that one as well.

OK! We got the dimensions on the GotG collector's card AND the circular pattern on the swatch! So who is going to extrapolate the pattern and send it up to Spoonflower?

Same holds true for the Starlord jacket silkscreened pattern??? Anyone? Bueller?

Hmm, if the cards are 3.5x2.5, then using that print pattern as a scale, the grommets should be more than 1", which is what I ordered. Oh well, they're cheap.

The problem is, they don't seem to be 1.25 inches. More like... 1.12 inches. I doubt they carry that size...

OK! We got the dimensions on the GotG collector's card AND the circular pattern on the swatch! So who is going to extrapolate the pattern and send it up to Spoonflower?

Same holds true for the Starlord jacket silkscreened pattern??? Anyone? Bueller?

What's needed for the pattern? I now have it drawn up (unless anyone feels it needs some changes in the circle proportions, I'm open to input!) and scaled to the right size, and cut to fit on the edges... Does someone want the file? I have it as a high-res jpeg, but I'd be happy to make it as a vector, if that's what's needed.

I'll be making my own silk screens to do both of my bag fabrics once I get the swatch cards and source the fabrics. It's not an uncommon upholstery fabric, I've seen it all over. Can't imagine why though, it's not a pleasant feeling fabric.

I'm getting one of the bag swatches in the mail this week.
I'm gonna try and get a high res scan of it as well as take pictures of it next to things with easy referenced colors so that the proper color can be achieved (I don't know if I made sense there..).. like a picture next to a Crayola crayon with a color that's close or something universally the same color.

What's needed for the pattern? I now have it drawn up (unless anyone feels it needs some changes in the circle proportions, I'm open to input!) and scaled to the right size, and cut to fit on the edges... Does someone want the file? I have it as a high-res jpeg, but I'd be happy to make it as a vector, if that's what's needed.

Please hit me with that, (PM me?) I know a silk screener guy. Perhaps we can find a way of getting the entire back panel worked up, although I think if we just lay blue painter's tape down on the fabric first, that could block out the diagonal voids found on the back of the jacket....thoughts?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back