The Star-Lord/Peter Quill Sling Bag thread

A little teaser pic . . . :ninja

bagpatt1.jpg

More tomorrow!

After doing some scaling off the fabric swatches these are the measurement I got.
Main bag strap - 1.75 in
Oval grommets - 1 in
Buckle opening - 1.5 in
D-ring - 2 in

That puts the buckle at 40mm rather than 45mm. Is anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

After doing some scaling off the fabric swatches these are the measurement I got.
Main bag strap - 1.75 in
Oval grommets - 1 in
Buckle opening - 1.5 in
D-ring - 2 in

That puts the buckle at 40mm rather than 45mm. Is anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't surprise me. We didn't have anything that accurate for scale when I ordered the buckles. Ah well, half a centimeter won't ruin it.

Very cool. What color ink did you use? I think you could go a little thicker on your lines, but the effect is really good.

First pull . . .

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p99/soulinertia/soulinertia049/20140922_221050.jpg~original

There are a few issues due to this being such an intricate design covering such a large area. But overall I'm pretty happy with it! More details tomorrow.

Is this the fabric found on the scalloping on the left part of the bag (with the oblong grommets)?
Also I seem to remember your mentioning offering a run on bits of this. If so, this is me putting in my bid for interest for enough to make those scallops, (about a half a yard?)
Oh, and one more thing...

SQUEE!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those looking to print their own fabric, I did finally make it back to Jo-ann's. The fabric I bought is called "Duck Cloth" or "Duck Canvas", and the colors are Khaki and Classic Brown. I got some of the Nutmeg as well, which I personally like better to the naked eye, but it's lighter than the swatch I got from the Upper Deck card set.

I also sourced some synthetic leather upholstery fabric for the back and flap of the bag:

20140923_084605.jpg

But then I found this vintage leather jacket with A TON of character on the cheap!

20140923_090055.jpg

20140923_084642.jpg

I might dye some areas darker, but I really dig the look of it!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back