The RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: *** the RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest ***

Photoshop? Oh no. Anyone who needs a fake background obviously doesn't deserve to win.
I was Ok with Felix getting all the credit for the jump the same way the Neil Armstrong got credit for the first man on the moon.
Us camera men always prefer to take a silent role behind the scenes. Here is a rare pic of me checking to see if we were high enough to jump.

joeranger-2012-rpf-costume-contest-rb-suit-6.jpg-123100d1351545010

I just uploaded my pic to the gallery, the gallery says 31 pics are there but only 30 are showing up. the pic I posted is number 31 and doesn't show up. Did I do something wrong?. I don't want to try again in case I end up uploading 2 pics.

I just uploaded my pic to the gallery, the gallery says 31 pics are there but only 30 are showing up. the pic I posted is number 31 and doesn't show up. Did I do something wrong?. I don't want to try again in case I end up uploading 2 pics.

This from earlier in the thread:

Ah, well I figured out what the deal was with uploading pics to the gallery. Turns out, after you initially submit your photo, it goes into a "pending" queue, where you have to finalize and "process" it. After I discovered that, the photo popped right up in the gallery.

Photoshop? Oh no. Anyone who needs a fake background obviously doesn't deserve to win.
I was Ok with Felix getting all the credit for the jump the same way the Neil Armstrong got credit for the first man on the moon.
Us camera men always prefer to take a silent role behind the scenes. Here is a rare pic of me checking to see if we were high enough to jump.

joeranger-2012-rpf-costume-contest-rb-suit-6.jpg-123100d1351545010

:lol:lol:lol

Sorry to be dense, but I've uploaded a photo to the contest gallery, but I can't seem to find the 'pending' status to 'finalize' it's posting. Where do I find that? :confused

Sorry to be dense, but I've uploaded a photo to the contest gallery, but I can't seem to find the 'pending' status to 'finalize' it's posting. Where do I find that? :confused

I just ran a test and mine posted fine without needing finalization.

Try clicking the "my photos" at the top of the gallery?

I'm done, but I didn't see my name in the list :/
Had to redo the image, the last was a little color corrected, this one is the original suit not edit, the background was created by me in PS.

:D

I'm done, but I didn't see my name in the list :/
Had to redo the image, the last was a little color corrected, this one is the original suit not edit, the background was created by me in PS.

:D

Post a link here to your thread and I'll add it tonight. :)

I've been browsing the forum but I'm still human so I may have missed a couple. If anyone wants to be in the contest but doesn't see their build thread in the first post let me know ASAP!

Retried successfully. Thanks! :):thumbsup

And good luck everyone - this is the best year of costumes yet!!!! :love

Here's the link for my build thread - http://www.therpf.com/f24/hairy43s-2012-halloween-costume-contest-entry-165109/

I tried posting a pic in the gallery but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll check later, maybe there's some kind of delay?

Two things:

1. My submission is of both of my kids. It could qualify for either group or kids. Up to you to decide which I suppose?

2. I posted a proof pic with just their masks as they are both in school at the moment. Is this acceptable, or do you still want a pic of them in costume with the proof sign as well?

Hey Orange_Blend!

I'd like to enter my 11 year old son into the children's costume contest as Legolas.

Here's the link for my build thread - http://www.therpf.com/f24/guris-2012-halloween-costume-contest-entry-her-146178/

I basically used a thread I had already started for this costume and just edited it for the contest. :D

I also tried to post to the gallery and it didn't work. Hmmm....

EDIT: I tried 2 more times and got it to work. :)

Last edited:

Hi, I haven't decided which costume to enter, and was wondering if this photo would be able to cover both potential entries if i can get a writeup done in time.

http://www.fevereon.com/projects/aveline/rpfproof.jpg

One of them is on a dummy, and the other is on a mannequin that's a huge pain in the butt to put on for the proof photo

Last edited:

Hey Guys,

Lots of questions here. When I get a chance I'll answer them all (I'm at work right now).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back