The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

Hey Guys, I have ready though countless pages before deciding to finally post my question.

I have a pep file that is scaled properly to my body, but my printer broke, so I'm planning to go down to Kinkos or wherever and have them print the docs for me (I know this is not ideal.) The issue I have run into though, is that I have to have them print from PDF, and when I export my PDO the scale gets completely out of whack. Is there a sure fire way to export to PDF without losing proper scale??? Thanks much in advance!

does anyone have any suggestions for pepakura patterns which make relatively smooth domed helmets, and work well with craft foam?
something with strips would be ideal

the iron man helmet probably won't work, since it's made of too many flat arcs.

i'm trying to find a decent base for the elite knight armor helmet, something i can modify slightly and just trace onto the foam

o866720.jpg

Last edited:
I have a question about pepakura weapons!
I was wondering what you do after its all glued together. It's not like masks or helmets because weapons are sealed and there's no way to put fiberglass inside. So do I jusst resin and bondo?

im new to this but already love everything about this site :) i'm building an ironman mach3 and was wondering, if there is little defaults in the pep (all the little folds) does that mess with the integrity of the final look or can they be bondoed out later?

I have a question about pepakura weapons!
I was wondering what you do after its all glued together. It's not like masks or helmets because weapons are sealed and there's no way to put fiberglass inside. So do I jusst resin and bondo?

Ah, the master evil of pepakura WEAPONS! Well, there is a lot a few ways to do this, one of them is to resin the whole outside, let it set up, then fill the entire thing with resin (or other casting liquids like smooth cast.), then bondo the outside.

There's also a lot of other methods, but none come to mind other than putting expandable foam on the inside, but I've heard that there's been a lot of people having problems with that, so that's a "At Your Own Risk".

Hope this helped even in the slightest.

-The Armorer

To reiterate what the armorer said, expanding foam seemed lima a no brainer. My part filled nicely with random "tears" coming out here and there. I figured I'd let out sit for a day and then trim it. Well it expanded more, popped some seams, than shrank and now I'm left with all my flat edges convexed and wavy.

As for the weapons, I had a couple of ideas. First, I was thinking of using PVC or copper pipe for the barrels. Second, what about using batting? The kind of thing you would use for a teddy bear. I know that if you push enough together it gets rather firm. Keep in mind I haven't built any weapons yet. Just ideas.

Not sure I am posting this in the right place, but I just finished pepping an Iron Man helmet and for hardening I was wondering can you just use a few coats of plasti dip or should I look a better way to strengthen the helmet?

Hey guys I'm new here but I've come to right place when it comes to movie props and costumes it looks like! My friend made me a Starship Troopers pepakura helmet model and I'm looking to make it into an official helmet cast but I'm not quite sure how I should go about doing this. I've been told fiber glass is what to use for this cast and I am guessing they are right but how do I apply this fiber glass to the paper structure of the pepakura model? I watched a video on youtube of a fan of HALO making a replica Spartan armor assembly costume which turned out amazing by the way and it showed him pouring the fiber glass into the helmet but it also looked like he had some sort of plaster cast on the pepakura. Is this what I should do also? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! I'm excited to join this board! Thanks a lot!

Now that Halloween has come to an end, I wanted to share a pic of my Halloween costume. I didn't come up with a name for him, I just say that he is a Sith Lord. The mask is from Army of Two. I painted it bright white so that made it hard to get a good photo. The mask took me about a month to. I had to finish at work over my lunch hour. My co-workers thought it was pretty cool. As for that, I have to thank everyone on the forums for their knowledge. I scared a few of the young kids but the teenagers thought it was cool. The rest of the outfit I made from patterns from Simplicity.

Last edited:
I have a question ( And im sorry if its already been asked and i missed it)
I have a pep file for a shredder helmet, but i want to change the mask to another one that i have on a pepfile, is it possible to do that in pepakura designer or do i have to get another program for that ?

currently i have built the Ch'rell helm and mask, but decided i dont like the mask because i cant talk out of it, so i am making the movie shredder mask to use with my Ch'rell helm.
1.bmp
2.bmp
3.bmp
4.bmp

ok super dumb question... what is Sintra... is that the same thing that you can buy at Walmart in the school supply section that grade school kids use for their school projects (like an art board)?? Sorta feels like a foam board?

I am very new to pep and was curious if anyone could give me a few good starter projects? Nothing that will discourage me and make me want to stop but something that may be gratifying. I have started a Army of Two mask, any other suggestions?

Out might work for a mask to, not sure, but i was thinking a helmet stand. It should be a simple first project and its useful forever!

What about Wolverine claws? I was debating on building a set of those as a side project... they seem to be a little easier since they are just relatively straight so the bondo/sanding stage should be a little easier

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back