The Nautilus Home Theatre

that's amazing! Congratulations
This project is a couple of years old and while I've posted pictures of a couple of the replica props, I don't think I've ever posted pictures of the theater itself. My home theater, based on the Nautilus from Disney's 1954 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

View attachment 990352

View attachment 990353

View attachment 990354

View attachment 990355

View attachment 990356

View attachment 990357

View attachment 990358

When i start to build my house next year i plan on trying to put in, possibly a 1:1 scale working iris window like this movie. Its my favorite movie of all time and ive always said when i get a house im putting one in. Any ideas on how to make it? And where id be able to get the arm that opens the window. Bc id like to have that as well for the window to really make it complete

My dream thoughhhh...live in a 1:1 replica of the disney nautilus... one day, after i win the lottery....xD

Fitz, as to making a working iris, you'll need to research a bit on the web for how irises work, and look to scale it up. Generally it does require some sort of rotating ring larger than the opening to drive the leafs. As far as the control arm... I think I have a scan of the original blueprint around somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back