The Mechromancer from Borderlands 2 Build (WIP)

601346_506608386048242_1047829890_n.jpg

Here's a picture of the back! (sorta)

I'm glad everyone likes it! My next few costumes are really more fancy sewing projects than builds so I probably won't do threads here, but Enchantress, Seras Victoria, and Ravager (DC) are coming up next.

tumblr_miv5uyMH3N1qjk0b7o1_1280.jpg

So Fedex wanted $150 to ship this giant ass rocket launcher across the country. No thank you. So plan "B" is to try and cut it in half and fit it into my luggage. Anyone going to Emerald City Comic Con this weekend?

Just take it as a carry on :) I can imagine the looks you would get. Have you considered removing the pistol grips and mailing it in a poster tube either UPS or USPS Priority?

And to change it to complete edit your first post's title and then post your new pics in the Costume Show case.

It looks perfect.

It actually fit *perfectly* into a hard shell golf case so I can check it on the plane! Crisis averted. Glad you guys like the final result, I really appreciate the tips everyone had along the way.

I'm glad you will be able to check it and not have to ship it. When you get your pics from the Con please post them in the Showcase.

Checking it was a disaster. The airline thought it (packed with all the other accessories) was a bomb and I actually had to speak with the police. I missed two flights because of the background check hold up (plus they threw away my grenade mod and several LEDs!) The flight back they just searched the bags- hopefully the PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN letter + 10 business cards I packed with it helped. The launcher got pretty destroyed each way because they didn't bother putting all the foam supports back so it just bounced around. Next time I fly for a con, I'm bringing something small and spandex that I can carry on.

Everyone seemed to like it, at least. I'd say it was worth the hassle to get to premiere the costume at such a great con. Plus, I wasn't totally embarrassing in the costume contest and pulled second in the Video Game category.

I'll go ahead and post a thread in the showcase!

Hoooooooooooly crap that's not good!
I'm sending Lauren's Teapot to her by mail, no way am I risking carrying it from the UK to the US, pink hearts or no!

Checking it was a disaster. The airline thought it (packed with all the other accessories) was a bomb and I actually had to speak with the police. I missed two flights because of the background check hold up (plus they threw away my grenade mod and several LEDs!) The flight back they just searched the bags- hopefully the PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN letter + 10 business cards I packed with it helped. The launcher got pretty destroyed each way because they didn't bother putting all the foam supports back so it just bounced around. Next time I fly for a con, I'm bringing something small and spandex that I can carry on.

Everyone seemed to like it, at least. I'd say it was worth the hassle to get to premiere the costume at such a great con. Plus, I wasn't totally embarrassing in the costume contest and pulled second in the Video Game category.

I'll go ahead and post a thread in the showcase!

You need to file a complaint about the damage done and the lost items. A friend of mine was traveling with real live firearms, (He trains Police Agencies) and even though he checked them, even though the law says once they are checked and sealed they cannot be opened until they get to their destination, someone tried to open his cases and damaged 1 of his rifles and both of his shotguns. He told me that anytime your property is damaged you have to file a complaint, if he hadn't the FBI wouldn't have caught the baggage handlers trying to steal his firearms. So even if you think it's a problem of just thier inexperience/nonfamiliarity, file a complaint so thee is a complaint on file. The more complaints, the Airlines have to do something about the problem.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back