The Matrix 4!

Movie wasn't bad, just told a story that wasn't worth telling nor did it add anything valuable to legacy of the first film.

It's def trying to say something about the world, but it gets lost half way and feels forced. The post credit scene ultimately tarnishes the entire franchise by making a farce of that universe/Matrix (even tho, it was being satirical about itself and our world)....just wasn't needed. Bad form.

Last edited:
Its just lacking the polish and style of the originals. And the music. Not one beautiful fight scene choreographed to some pumping techno music. Maybe they thought that would feel dated...

Its just lacking the polish and style of the originals. And the music. Not one beautiful fight scene choreographed to some pumping techno music. Maybe they thought that would feel dated...

The fights were all dull. I understand that Keanu Reaves and Carrie-Ann Moss are old now, although Keanu seems to do fine in the John Wick movies, but they had a lot of young people and all of the fights lacked energy and creativity. They just filled the rooms with people so nobody could really move.

The movie was just okay. I think what is was lacking depth. Only the few main characters were given any character development. The rest of the unmemorable characters were there to spit out exposition or "insert meta joke here" lines.

There were so many clever ideas from any of the original movies they could have run with. It felt like a overly meta re-hash.

The fights were all dull. I understand that Keanu Reaves and Carrie-Ann Moss are old now, although Keanu seems to do fine in the John Wick movies, but they had a lot of young people and all of the fights lacked energy and creativity. They just filled the rooms with people so nobody could really move.
Twenty plus years on we are now bombarded with a slew of content channels subscriptions we just didn't have back in 1999..
If we want to watch an Effects laden show we can
If we want a SciFi show to binge we can.. Maybe thats why the movie looked so Run of the mill..it just looked too familiar ?
I couldn't engage with any of the new characters having said that and they do come across as self referential. Punching lumps out of walls only looks good so many times...
And my real deal breaker was re casting certain folks, for whatever( badscript Hugo? ) reason..
The beginning was just plain stupid and made you think Hang on a minute and became a distraction,yes it was addressed later but...

John Wick on the other hand is Bold Fresh and very repeatable viewing wise so its not an age thing.
Was the Stunt guy who makes those movies involved in this.... I am thinking not.

John Wick on the other hand is Bold Fresh and very repeatable viewing wise so its not an age thing.
Was the Stunt guy who makes those movies involved in this.... I am thinking not.

The first one was. It's been going downhill ever since. We'll have to see with 4.

With all the YouTube backlash do you think they will continue this trilogy?

Did the end leave with a huge cliff hanger setting up for the sequel or could this movie be left on its own?

Even at that, there were fight scenes with the new people that were not full of people and the real time portions just seemed slow, like they used practice footage or something. Same goes for the first time he goes back in. Him and 4-5 new faces enter and fight 4-5 individual fights all of which seemed on the slow side.

I think it would have been an interesting statement to have built on the "do people really want to be out of the matrix" thing. I mean, what if the whole population were to learn they were living in a simulation, and fought back against Neo of their own free will, in order to not be rescued?

Even at that, there were fight scenes with the new people that were not full of people and the real time portions just seemed slow, like they used practice footage or something. Same goes for the first time he goes back in. Him and 4-5 new faces enter and fight 4-5 individual fights all of which seemed on the slow side.

That's really one of the biggest problems that I had was the fights were just dull. That's one of the things that made the first movie (and I'm not even going to pretend there were any sequels because they were such crap). It's a fundamental part of the Matrix formula and they got it absurdly wrong.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back