The Hobbit - starts filming March 21

I'm not sure if I'm excited or not...I got some pretty serious warm fuzzies seeing the trailer, but I've just never held the Hobbit in nearly the same regard as LOTR.

Ah hell, who cares. More Middle Earth!

Far over the Misty Mountains cold ... That song gave me shivers.

I don't know if it was intentional or just coincidence, but it seemed to have just a hint of the melody from the animated version, which made me love it more than I might have otherwise.

He okays (reluctantly) Sauron being booted out of Dol Guldur in Mirkwood, too, and presumably participates in the attack. Will be great if we get much of that. I know PJ has talked about it, can't recall the details.

True...but I also believe they may show his allegiances waining ;)! Atleast I'd like to see that fall from grace.

I also can't stop listening to the trailer because of the beautiful music and dwarven singing! It's AWESOME!

I don't know if it was intentional or just coincidence, but it seemed to have just a hint of the melody from the animated version, which made me love it more than I might have otherwise.

I thought so as well! You also see the 'Chip the glasses, crack the plates, THAT'S WHAT BILBO BAGGINS HATES!":
402783_10150447769084821_6425769820_8849673_1233328851_n.jpg

I also love the way that Martin Freeman so seamlessly molds with Ian Holm's performance! A thing of beauty!

Also for all my fellow book-lovers, Gandalf finding Thrain in Dol Guldor as a flashback:
399730_10150447768444821_6425769820_8849655_541967234_n.jpg

Maybe its because Starz has been showing the LOTR films so much lately, but I'm pretty excited to see The Hobbit. That trailer was great!

so, this franchise being the cashcow that it is, i wouldnt be suprised that after the two hobbits are oot and aboot, they are gonna announce the silmarillion, filmed in 12 parts :D

i never forgave peter jackson, that he left out tom bombadil
not even a mention in the special extended version...

i never forgave peter jackson, that he left out tom bombadil not even a mention in the special extended version...

I know what you mean, but they did give Treebeard some Bombadil lines in the extended Two Towers. He got a little reference. I guess he's just to much of a distracting character in an already enormous cast of characters.

I'm going to be controversial and say that to be honest I'm not too impressed with the trailer. I think that the dwarfs look unconvincing – they are all clean and neat, their noses look plastic, and there is no grittiness to them. It's starting to look a bit Disney, or Star Wars prequel trilogy. To be honest it feels like we are not seeing much new... it just looks like a re-hash of the previous films.

...To be honest it feels like we are not seeing much new... it just looks like a re-hash of the previous films...

I hope that's exactly what we get. I want the films to feel like an extension of the first three, as if they were all filmed at the same time and are just being released now.

If I'm sitting in the theater thinking, "Wow, it's good to be back in Middle Earth and they didn't change a thing," I'll be very, very happy.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back