The Expendables 3 (Post-release)

Re: Expendables 3

Dalton isn't an action guy, really. He played Bond, but he's more of a theatrically trained actor.

Also, when did Wesley Snipes get out of jail? I thought he was still serving time for tax evasion.

Dalton isn't an action guy, really. He played Bond, but he's more of a theatrically trained actor.

Also, when did Wesley Snipes get out of jail? I thought he was still serving time for tax evasion.

Agreed (Dalton) but in that movie...perfect!

I thought he got out. Didnt he film the gallow walkers or whatever it was called after he got out? No idea what it was as it didnt peak my attention.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

MEL SMASH! Really who keeps giving him a job after his anti-Semitic comments?

I like Harrison Ford, but I wouldn't call him an action star in the same way Stallone and Arnold are. Most of his action roles were the unarmed guy that didn't want to be involved. Other than Indy maybe.

robstyle said:
As for Karl Weathers still missing from the cast, so is Jessie Ventura, Bill Duke, Kurt Russel, Steven Seagal, and to top it off, the Rock. Some are from bad blood to possible pre-existing contracts with product marketing to just not interested in getting in camera ready condition. All that being said, its safe to say Tom Cruise wont be in Expendables 4, 5, 6, 8, 12, 34... unless of course he purchases the franchise. We all know, stranger things have happened.

I would really like to see Karl Weathers. I was just telling my dad last weekend that I wondered why he hasn't been in more movies. The Rock would be good just because I like him. He may not be the best actor, but he can do action. Jessie Venture is batsh*t crazy worried about secret lizard people that live underground in the U.S. (seriously...) and suing a Navy SEAL's widow because his book said he knocked Venture on his butt for comments about current SEALs. I'd rather not see him get any more work either.

Karl Weathers is well aged and still acting, mostly in TV. He actually never really went away, just faded out of the mainstream eye. He is one of the main guys that should be in EX3.

Yeah, get Action Jackson in there!! I'd support that!! Some others I'd support (even as cameo's) - Kurt Russell, Liam Neeson, John Travolta, Mr T, Laurence Fishburn, The Rock, Steven Segal, Denzel Washington, Louis Gosset Jr, Michael Dudikoff, Jeff Speakman. At the very least they could take out some of the no-name B-team actors from this new movie and put some of these guys in.

View attachment 266482

In the past (pre-Expendables) I may have been excited about all these guys in one movie but after seeing the first and second movies all I can think of is the opportunities available for poorly constructed action scenes, self parody, and bad acting. I think this one may have the capability of melting the movie screen.

To me that's half the fun. These guys are all getting older, and maybe they just want to have some fun for a few days. Hell good on them, taking the **** out of themselves and the action genre. Its good old fashioned mindless entertainment, you don't have to think too hard, just sit back and watch the fun;)

Pass.

And frankly, I started #2, but couldn't get through it. It just kinda bored me. The concept was interesting at first, but at this point, meh, there's other stuff I'd rather watch.

Can't wait for this.

Nice :D
But it should be Arnie using that minigun ;)

He doesn't look like he has much control over it, hopefully Arnie will show him how its done at some point.

When are they gonna do a female version?

I'd watch that. Although there isn't too much of a choice of female action stars from back in the day. That said first on my list would be:
Sigourney Weaver
Linda Hamilton
Cynthia Rothrock
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Kirsty Swanson (coz, 2 Buffys can't be bad:D)
Brigette Neilson
Lucy Lawless
Carrie Ann Moss

For the people talking about Kurt Russle, he was asked, he declined, I don't remember the exact quote but it was something like "I don't share top billing"

I don't know where this attitude comes from, Quentin aside he isn't exactly in demand.

I'd watch that. Although there isn't too much of a choice of female action stars from back in the day. That said first on my list would be:
Sigourney Weaver
Linda Hamilton

Cynthia Rothrock
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Kirsty Swanson (coz, 2 Buffys can't be bad:D)
Brigette Neilson
Lucy Lawless
Carrie Ann Moss

Definitely those, I would also add:
Summer Glau
Gina Carano
Kate Beckinsale
Angelina Jolie
Zoe Saldana
Jennifer Garner
Eliza Dushku
Adrianne Palicki
Halle Berry
Michelle Rodriguez
Lucy Liu

Niiice :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back