The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

After seeing all the different cards for Star Lord's jacket, I'm seriously considering just making my jacket all the same color. I'm not a big fan of the worn out look they seem to have been going for with the two-tone thing.

So I made a little more progress, and one of my guns is (basically)Suggestions?
I'm currently contemplating using a lathe and making one of the bottom barrels on one of the guns have the extended barrel portion, and making it light up. I just haven't gotten that far yet.

A lower barrel extension seems to be all that is missing. But they do look great as they are.

Thanks in advance for your how to write up.

Hey man, I was looking that up myself yesterday and came across this http://aggressivecomix.com/2014/08/how-to-make-your-very-own-awesome-mix-vol-1/. I'm new to all this high detailed prop rep cosplay so while I decided to use a old cassette tape I had that was close enough (have a very small budget and got to spend high $$$ on things I have no other choice on), this shows the exact type of cassette tape used and they included a photoshopped design and a service site that I think prints them as stickers to put on the cassette. I'm still trying to figure out how that service works (like do you send it in and they print it and ship it to you or do you just design it on their page and print it at home which I have no idea how I can do that, might just go to a Kinko's or something).

As for mixing it, there are many ways you could possibility do it. Again, I don't have a big budget on this, so I did it the "ghetto/old school" way that I used to do back when I was like 11-12 (kinda). All I had was a handheld cassette recorder my dad got me at Radio Shack and I put it's mic up to a mini portable speaker connected to my iPod with the whole Awesome Mix Vol. 1 on it. I hit record on the the recorder, hit play on the iPod, and sat there quietly for about 45 mins (had to stop at Come and Get Your Love and flip to other side with a 60 mins total tape). And it came out pretty good. So now, while I'm going to wear my Mom's old Sharp red and black walkman, I'll have a legit Awesome Mix Vol. 1 on cassette and rock out to it while cosplaying. Oooohhh yaaaaaa.

Thanks man! This is really helpful, especially the templates. My school's Tech-graph department have a sticker printer so I'll probably use that and my dad has a cassette stereo system that's plugged into his mac so I can use that and one of the Spotify playlists for the tracks. As for playing it I just bought a Hitachi STEREO 'portable radio cassette player' for a couple of pounds from a car boot, not exactly a Walkman, but it looks cool and has good sound. Now to find a few CDing 2's, wrangle the use of that printer and get started! In the meantime, I'll rock out to my dad's own awesome mixes from his time on the road. :cool

After having a serious downer and feeling like I'd never find a decent long coat for my Star Lord cosplay I found this website. The pics look the same as cosplaysky but this website offer a real leather option and has free shipping (hopefully worldwide). has anyone bought from them before? the reviews seem pretty good for the coat itself. http://www.famousmoviejackets.com/2...image/material-real_leather/select_size-large

Thanks for the info ! Would be great to see an pic of the leather version !

Is there anyone out there making vinyl decals of the Sony Walkman logos/arrow? I could've sworn I saw someone mention that they did a couple weeks back but for the life of me I cannot find the thread. I'm looking to convert a Drinkman for my costume and could really use some decals.

nice pickup of the famous jackets website.....im looking into it....found one at leathersclub..but more expensive...and cosplaysky is faux leather.....

I have a Silhouette cutter that can do any design in paper and vinyl. I'm going to do up the Walkman, Sony and arrow in silver self-adhesive vinyl. I won't have the vinyl for a week or more though.

Is it supposed to be silver? I thought it was white?

Nope, silver. And dimensional if you want to get real technical.

20140830_010602.jpg

As I understand the rules, only premium members are allowed to sell things on the forum and you can't use these discussion threads for selling stuff. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I'm new here and don't want to break any rules.

Is there anyone out there making vinyl decals of the Sony Walkman logos/arrow? I could've sworn I saw someone mention that they did a couple weeks back but for the life of me I cannot find the thread. I'm looking to convert a Drinkman for my costume and could really use some decals.

I purchased some white "sony" and "Walkman" decals off of etsy. They aren't exactly what's on the real Walkman, but were the closest thing I could find. The link is in my build thread if you want to check them out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back