The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Yep, since posting that I actually got really good, high res images, so now I'm using those to get everything designed for the jackets I'm having made. Thanks though! It was really hard to see that detail in the older pictures.
No problem mate! Glad I could help! Hey, as far as those high res images go, ya mind if I snag a few? I wouldn't ask except I'm trying to finish this before Motor City Comic Con which only leaves me two months to get cracking, thanks,
-STARL0RD

No problem mate! Glad I could help! Hey, as far as those high res images go, ya mind if I snag a few? I wouldn't ask except I'm trying to finish this before Motor City Comic Con which only leaves me two months to get cracking, thanks,
-STARL0RD

Sorry, I actually can't share them :(

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone pulled the trigger on any of the online vol 2 long coats yet? I'm really interested in getting one, but none of the sites that have them listed have actual product pictures up yet.

I'm hoping to do that after the short jacket, but it's gonna be a while.

Has anyone pulled the trigger on any of the online vol 2 long coats yet? I'm really interested in getting one, but none of the sites that have them listed have actual product pictures up yet.

Hey! I have one on order right now, leather, that is currently in the works! Once I get it I'll post photo's here, and let you know!

~Scotty

I want to say it was about a week or so. I can't remember

Mine should arrive end-of-day Monday. Pretty excited. Just finished weathering my helmet... FINALLY. Had it since Volume 1 and got massively distracted with life and other, higher priority projects. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin, do you have a link where you bought your Vol. 2 jacket from? The link provided a few pages back doesn't quite look like what you received in your pictures from Black Leather Jacket.

I just ordered my Vol. 2 jacket from that same link. You should be fine. Or maybe try just going to their homepage? www.black-leatherjacket.com

They seem pretty quick and legit. Placed my order on Feb 27th and will have the jacket end-of-day on the 6th of March. I'll post pics when it arrives so everyone can compare Kevin's, to mine, to the reference images.

I just ordered my Vol. 2 jacket from that same link. You should be fine. Or maybe try just going to their homepage? www.black-leatherjacket.com

They seem pretty quick and legit. Placed my order on Feb 27th and will have the jacket end-of-day on the 6th of March. I'll post pics when it arrives so everyone can compare Kevin's, to mine, to the reference images.

If anyone is interested I also got the Vol 2 jacket from Black Leather, faux-leather. It's nice, not the best fit IMO. I'm between L and M, L is a tad too big for me (too long, and a bit too wide at the waist, I'd say about 2 inches too wide, and a few inches too long for my torso size). One thing to note about the Faux-Leather, it's all entierly the same material, there is no dark/light like the pictures show. I think that's only on the real leather version. I'd like to find a way to dye it, ideally. I mean, it'll do fine as my first Star Lord jacket, but.. Y'know, I think I'll get another one at some point, if I can't mod this one how I like. IDK, I was comparing with my orders from whitesheep leather (which arrived at the same time), and it really wasn't up to the same quality standard.

So has anybody had any luck finding a fabric for these areas?
Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 7.31.20 PM.png

If anyone is interested I also got the Vol 2 jacket from Black Leather, faux-leather. It's nice, not the best fit IMO. I'm between L and M, L is a tad too big for me (too long, and a bit too wide at the waist, I'd say about 2 inches too wide, and a few inches too long for my torso size). One thing to note about the Faux-Leather, it's all entierly the same material, there is no dark/light like the pictures show. I think that's only on the real leather version. I'd like to find a way to dye it, ideally. I mean, it'll do fine as my first Star Lord jacket, but.. Y'know, I think I'll get another one at some point, if I can't mod this one how I like. IDK, I was comparing with my orders from whitesheep leather (which arrived at the same time), and it really wasn't up to the same quality standard.

I actually ordered the real leather, and I'm pretty sure Kevin did too. Maybe that's the difference? I actually tried dyeing my first faux leather Star-Lord jacket from Cosplaysky and it worked... sort of. I just wasn't overly happy with it. If you DO go the dyeing route, get the RIT Dye for SYNTHETIC fabrics. I made the mistake of doing it with the regular stuff which is why it took multiple coats and the colour is still off.

I actually ordered the real leather, and I'm pretty sure Kevin did too. Maybe that's the difference? I actually tried dyeing my first faux leather Star-Lord jacket from Cosplaysky and it worked... sort of. I just wasn't overly happy with it. If you DO go the dyeing route, get the RIT Dye for SYNTHETIC fabrics. I made the mistake of doing it with the regular stuff which is why it took multiple coats and the colour is still off.

I don't know if RIT Dyes are available in Belgium, though :/ But I'd have to try. I was gonna use shoe polish? But I think synthetic fabric dye is the way to go :)

I don't know if RIT Dyes are available in Belgium, though :/ But I'd have to try. I was gonna use shoe polish? But I think synthetic fabric dye is the way to go :)

Since shoe polish is oily/fatty there's a strong chance that pleather will not let it soak in. You need something solvent-based that will "etch" into it.

Awesome, I look forward to seeing your pictures!

I wondered how the fit would be. I'm 6'0, 185LBS with a 42 inch chest, and I almost always run between sizes. Mediums are usually too small, where larges are usually way too big.

As far as using shoe polish on jackets, I had some luck with my first StarLord jacket, which was a $40 red jacket from Ebay. I used burgundy colored polish on, and it worked nicely. It is still kind of tacky to touch, but at the time it worked perfect in a pinch.

You can see where I had used it on the darker part of the jacket here:
10678616_723785387658401_4086786885394258093_n.jpg

Awesome, I look forward to seeing your pictures!

I wondered how the fit would be. I'm 6'0, 185LBS with a 42 inch chest, and I almost always run between sizes. Mediums are usually too small, where larges are usually way too big.

As far as using shoe polish on jackets, I had some luck with my first StarLord jacket, which was a $40 red jacket from Ebay. I used burgundy colored polish on, and it worked nicely. It is still kind of tacky to touch, but at the time it worked perfect in a pinch.

You can see where I had used it on the darker part of the jacket here:
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=985eaaaa90f5d4900163ed42161293b4&oe=593174DB

I usually run in between small and medium, so I feel you there! I'll let you know about the fit. Jacket should be here sometime tomorrow. That darker colour looks great on there!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back