The Definitive Guide to Cutting Pepakura with a Silhouette Cameo

Make sure you don't have any lines from pieces you are cutting too close to the registration marks, the software can read those marks incorrectly and cause the plot to be off.

Hello All,

I finally got myself one of these cutters for pep cutting, and read through this whole thread. However, it seems like the Pepakura Cameo software has been updated so that you no longer have the "Cut Developments..." shown in step 5.5 of the most recent guide listed in the first post. The option is completely missing from the File menu in my version of the Pep Cameo software (yes, I have registered the it). I'm using Version 3.1.0 (2015)

After a bit of digging, I found that Peparkura released its own procedure for actually importing into Silhouette studio. PDF attached here:

View attachment how_to_cut_with_silhouette_cameo.pdf

the same instructions can be found on Tamasoft's website in HTML and PDF formats:

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/download/how_to_use_viewer_with_cameo/index.html
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/download/how_to_use_viewer_with_cameo/how_to_cut_with_silhouette_cameo.pdf

My ink printer is giving me a bit of trouble so I'm a bit delayed in testing this out, but I think after my testing last night this could very well solve any issues I was having with the import to the Studio software and scaling.

EDIT: Just tried out the above method and it worked perfectly on the first try! One thing this PDF does not mention is that the margins need to be set to 10mm in the Pep Designer BEFORE you open it in the Pep Cameo software to create and print the registration marks. Of course you also may need to realign pieces on the pages as needed to stay within the margins.

Last edited:
I am using a Cameo 2 and following the How to guide included with pepakura for cameo viewer software. When it gets to the point after I select my cameo and click properties, they instructions direct me to click [controller] button. This button does not show on my properties. Does anyone have a guide for cutting with the cameo 2? I emailed TamuSoft and if no one knows here I will update later with their answer.

I am using a Cameo 2 and following the How to guide included with pepakura for cameo viewer software. When it gets to the point after I select my cameo and click properties, they instructions direct me to click [controller] button. This button does not show on my properties. Does anyone have a guide for cutting with the cameo 2? I emailed TamuSoft and if no one knows here I will update later with their answer.
Their is a new pep viewer made for the cameo2 that outputs each page as a dxf file to import into the cameo studio software. There is a PDF on Tamusofts page that shows how it works. Silhouette changed the operation of the cameo2 so there isn't a driver for it like the previous models.

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-...th_cameo/how_to_cut_with_silhouette_cameo.pdf

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Their is a new pep viewer made for the cameo2 that outputs each page as a dxf file to import into the cameo studio software. There is a PDF on Tamusofts page that shows how it works. Silhouette changed the operation of the cameo2 so there isn't a driver for it like the previous models.

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-...th_cameo/how_to_cut_with_silhouette_cameo.pdf

I tried following that guide first, but in my file menu there is no option to Export DXF file for Silhouette Cameo (*.DXF)...

That is when I tried using the other guide and could not find the controller button. I'm on day 2 of trying to get this to work :cry

I tried following that guide first, but in my file menu there is no option to Export DXF file for Silhouette Cameo (*.DXF)...

That is when I tried using the other guide and could not find the controller button. I'm on day 2 of trying to get this to work :cry
Then you need to upgrade which version of cameo viewer you are using. Pepakura designer and the basic free pepakura viewer will not output to use the cameo. I attached the page you should download it from. http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/download/viewer_cut/index.html uploadfromtaptalk1440128943260.png

I figured it out. I used pepakura designer and was able to export it to my cameo and make the cut. I tried the upgraded version but it wouldn't install. Said file was broken. I will try that again tomorrow, my interwebs is not cooperating . The downside of living in the country- no high speed internet.

I figured it out. I used pepakura designer and was able to export it to my cameo and make the cut. I tried the upgraded version but it wouldn't install. Said file was broken. I will try that again tomorrow, my interwebs is not cooperating . The downside of living in the country- no high speed internet.
I only have cell access for internet in my neck of the woods. The struggle is real.

I only have cell access for internet in my neck of the woods. The struggle is real.

Seriously! We are currently using DishNet, but with a gamer husband & son and a daughter always on her iPad we kill all the 'fast' bandwidth in 3 days. Waiting for the contract to expire then going to try using a mifi and hope it works better.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back